Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 battery drain

I got my second one and still same issue, gopro needs to fix this problem ASAP, until then we got to be patient
Highlighted
Hiker

Betreff: Hero 7 battery drain

My replacement unit has the same behaviour! :(
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Betreff: Hero 7 battery drain

@ryoga2k - Thank you for the details you provided. If you haven't yet, you may also run a short record time test to determine battery integrity. There are instructions here . Should you get a runtime that is significantly shorter than the expected battery life, despite you using a recommended SD card and having the camera firmware manually updated, let our Support team know. This way, they can help you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

@milosstepanovic - We see that you have contacted Support again to report that although the battery on the replacement camera does not drain to zero anymore, it still drains fast. You may do the same run time test above, and if the battery life is still not right, our Support team will be glad to assist further. You may use the same case number that you were given. 

@bogdanu2 - Check if the battery life of your camera is at par with the expected battery life of the HERO7 Black camera. We are not able to pull up any record of your contact with Support. Should the issue persist, please engage our Support team. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

The battery life is not the problem, the problem is that it drains while the camera is off and everything is off! No test can help with that, i tried everything that support told me! You need to fix this issue ASAP with update or something else. Im loyal Gopro customer and i haven't have any problem with my hero 4! But this is annoying with the product high class as hero 7!
Highlighted
Tourist

Sometimes it seems that GoPro Support is living in a parallel reality. We are talking them about drain in OFF position and they are replying about something different!

Highlighted
Tourist

I understand that they are working on it, but no solution yet, thats why we need to do all this things meanwhile
Highlighted
Hiker

@mariustanya it is painfull! From time to time one guy from gopro comes and tells us the same story! Please understand that the issue is with the camera!!!! When you turn it off, sometimes it does not turn off and gets warm and then it discharges to 0!
Highlighted
Tourist

The problem is “same ghist process”.
How you test it?
Put out The battery, and put it Inside again

If you do it, The battery not Drain. The ghost process was killed

The fix will be firmware update