Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 battery drain

I'm sorry this device is becoming very annoying. Not it wont' shut off at all. I hold it down, beeps 8 times, then doesn't turn off. I go to hold it down again it just shuts the screen off then loads a menu and changes to camera. Just about threw this against the wall just then, didn't, then finally just said f it and took the battery out. It drained down to 68% doing nothing last night. I'm honestly suprised it still has a charge. 

Probably need to replace this or send me one with updated hardware and you definitely need to update the UI and the on/off feature. KISS.

Tourist

I'm going to fully charge this and take it out today for a bit just to mess around. I'll report back on battery life, but if this thing drains super fast after like 10 mins of recording I'll have to give GoPro a call and ask for a replacement I guess. 

Hiker

I’ve owned the hero seven black since day one and have had this random issue as well. Occasionally I will shut the camera off with 100% charge and by the next morning it will be completely dead. All Wi-Fi settings Bluetooth settings in voice settings are off. Not sure what makes this bug reproducible but it is annoying and unacceptable.
Hiker

I thought it was reproducable at first, but it isn't. I tried pressing the power button very long, shaking the camera while turning off, auto orientation off/on, low light mode, stabilization on/off, different resolutions and frame rates, different batteries, firmware versions, sd cards, chargers. Now I'm at my wits' end. It happens once a week under all circumstances. Must be a hardware issue and can't be fixed since there isn't even an announcement from Gopro. The only thing they can't communicate is "We are unable to fix it", so that must be it. 

Hiker

or... they simply don't give a f**k.
In normal Galaxy company like gopro would stand upside-down to fix any problem with their flagship product. We would have announcement of new firmware, questions and something that is called "we care".
Instead of this we hear nothing, no signs of human life.
Anyone form usa? Can you confirm that there wasn't any asteroid impact?
Explorer

Peace out!

Tom,

former gopro costumer....Who just can't let go.

Highlighted
Hiker

Yup,

Sold it - this was actualy my "peace out". Cheaper than when it was new. Still have some accesories that couldn't sell.

Lost money, lost time and enthusiasm for action cameras (allready have cheap china cam only for some wide angle photos).

My friend just bought one... I told him why he shouldn't... well, he will be happy soon :P.

I still see many commercials and YT adds with GoPro... closing/cancelling, And they still keep spaming me. YT influencers, video thumbnails with words like "awesone", "best", "quality"... Tell me, why I should let it go? I'm not a GoPro support to just... let it go.

They keep ignoring, I keep telling (and exclusively - all the truth). Show must go on ;].

Hiker

I'm afraid of selling it since it's a device with a major flaw. I'm back to my Gopro Hero 4, Hero 7 (and accessory, sigh) is in a drawer. When my daughter is older she'll get it as first camera to play around with.