Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hero 7 battery drain

Yeah the Hero 4 seies is  by far the winner I have mine still. the Hypersmooth   just not a fan of the Bouncing Ball (flare), why  got mine was the Timewarp  that can not be beat.   the good thing for me is my gimbal stays home and my hero 7 is with m  and guess I am the  select few that got a good one.   

For the Sponsors of gotube Lol Nick sitting down with casey. at Mountain creak,  all ofthem signed a concent form no released info and hearing them talk about  Beta firmware.  I am sure GoPro  has fw 1.80 out there and in the wrong hands again.

Hiker

Que SD tienes?

Hiker

[ Edited ]

Regarding the SD situation, first of all thank you fellow clients and people in this post addressing SD situation as a factor for the drainage and all the other problems.

But as for the real issue at hand, SDs now can cause those issues? Confirmed or Unconfirmed? GoPro, get your act together. You yourself recommended those exact cards that we use and how the heck can an micro-SD card be the causing factor for all of this issues?

As for the recommendations for getting the GoPro 6, thanks, but I think I will wait for the 8. But you guys really rock with helping out and putting this issue on the table, seriously, I really appreciate it. I hope I am not causing annoyances to fellow GoPro users that love their product, but it is hard because this equipment is my first one, I waited so long, I got my Drones and everything ready, and see zero action by GoPro to admitting this issue or at least telling that they are working on this with an estimate, this is absolutely ridiculous for a 400 Euro camera (cost in EU).

Tourist

Hi you are correct if the shutdown is not immediate I just keep turning it on and off till I achieve a instant shutdown Now on the other would depend on which functions you have enabled I can manage 100% capacity for 4 days till I see 98% then after that seems to start dropping faster to the likes of 87-88% I try to keep all files off my sd card I just delete them after copy but ocasionally the camera won't do the last file so can either connect to pc do it that way or format the card in the camera but usually do it on comp after copying media

but even so ocasionally the camera will do the random drain  5 times total now ,even though I thought it had shut down properly This is still unacceptable this thing cost nearly as much as my panasonic G85 so not cheap by any means and still GoPro has not publically admited there is a serious issue and still asks that one contacts technical support to what end I don't know because we all have tried every thing currently known

and those who have had replacements are still facing this issue

I think this is very poor most customewrs have had every camera made by gopro so the customers are the ones keeping this company afloat very poor indeed(in a recent feedback to gopro when asked I indicated the issues and how I felt and was asked to contact customer support for a solution that obviously dosen't exist otherwise we would all know about it by now

cheers,Brent

Tourist

Hopefully a Nice Matte Black Hero 8 Black With a 8-300 optical micro Zoom (now that would look like a match box with a baseball bat hanging out in front) and it works as it should

Cheers,Brent

Tourist

Hell Yea why not ask for a Hero V1 or even the pre production one before that v1

Lets say we had a Hero 8 Black  that had an issue would we ask for a Hero 7 Black ?

Cheers,Brent

Tourist

Hi Because the newer camera has cool features and if there wern't these issues we would all be happy actually I didn't really need it should have waited till years end  and possibly picked up a Hero 8 Black with even more features without any issues

who knows

Cheers,Brent

Tourist

Hi ,as I said we have all done that the issue remains but we have a few things we can do to get around a serious issue but it is not a fix just a work around that works sometimes sometimes not hell my battery in the Panasonic g85 is still on 4 bars after a month and is the same size battery obviously It dosent have wifi left on nor does my Hero 7 or any thing else on  that would drain the battery 5 days on we have 87-88% first 4 days can keep 100%  that is still unacceptable and that's if you are lucky enough not to find id dead next day due to a random drain my count is 5 now only got it end feb

Cheers,Brent