Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 battery drain

Well, after two weeks of testing I can make a statement regarding my camera (taking in account that all wireless connections are OFF).

If after pushing OFF button the cameras display is turning OFF together with blinking diodes - the battery inside camera drains about 5% per 24 hours. I do not know if this is normal or not.

If display stays ON 5-6 sec longer after red diodes turns OFF - the battery drains during one night to zero.

For me it looks like FW problem. And this is very common problem with Hero 7.

Highlighted
Adventurer

History of the new design was a ton of issues. to name a few, leaking, blank screen, sound,.  As GoPro Improves  they will let the oldeer camera fall.  

If what was said about wifi staying on and draining   maybe everyone should start making  videos and posting.  good luck on  the next camera.  

Highlighted
Tourist

Had the same problem, i returned for replacement, now i will see what will they send me
Highlighted
Adventurer

If you are not happy wit hteh hero 7 why not request a hero 6?

Highlighted
Tourist

I was pretty happy with my hero 4 silver, i don't know why i did change it
Highlighted
Adventurer

A lot of complaints about the hero 7 why it may  be a good idea  t orequest a Hero 6 replacement then continue with the issues.  I understand the yare the same price just a newer camera?

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

@milosstepanovic wrote:
I was pretty happy with my hero 4 silver, i don't know why i did change it

Oh yeah, me too. And I still use it when I need a reliable camera. Guess all those paid youtubers did their job. And now they keep shtum about the freezing issues. I even missed to record some moments with my 2 yo daughter because of the freezes.

Hero 4 is smaller, audio is better, sky color looks way better, battery lasts much longer and it's light enough for cheap gimbals even with an ND filter attached to it.

Yes, hypersmooth is a great feature, but at the moment I suggest buying a used Hero 4 Silver and the Hohem iSteady gimbal. This way way you even have motion blur if you use an ND filter - looks much more cinematic. And is much cheaper than a Hero 7 Black.

Gopro support always gives the same advise with SD cards, batteries, manual update. Thismay be a workaround for some of the users, but it still is a thing the customers aren't supposed to do. They don't want to fiddle, they want a working camera. With every other camera, even very cheap ones, I have I don't have to deal with updates and in-camera-formating: Either the card works or it is too slow which results in a stopped recording in the worst case.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Yeah the Hero 4 seies is  by far the winner I have mine still. the Hypersmooth   just not a fan of the Bouncing Ball (flare), why  got mine was the Timewarp  that can not be beat.   the good thing for me is my gimbal stays home and my hero 7 is with m  and guess I am the  select few that got a good one.   

For the Sponsors of gotube Lol Nick sitting down with casey. at Mountain creak,  all ofthem signed a concent form no released info and hearing them talk about  Beta firmware.  I am sure GoPro  has fw 1.80 out there and in the wrong hands again.