Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 battery drain

I am a hero7 owner since today. Reading this after my purchase makes me feel a bit stupid..... but I did not come by this problem during my internet study on what to buy. And, as I typically go for the high end, I got me a Hero7.....

Question: Is it maybe the GPS that is drainig the battery? Phone die quickly too with GPS always on....

Highlighted
Tourist

Gps is off! Does anyone know what is the normal drain of the battery when device is off?
Highlighted
Tourist

I do not think that I'll get answer from GoPro about normal drain time. Because they will get huge number of refund requests immediately.

Highlighted
Adventurer

about  +-1% a day

Highlighted
Tourist

Definitely my camera is bad! They want to change it but a to suspicious that they will send me new one because they are not originally packed, not even turtle sticker on lcd
Highlighted
Tourist

Do you have official statement from GoPro about 1% drain of battery inside the camera?

Highlighted
Adventurer

This is a Forum  where  opinions can be   offered .. Totally  Agree but we wil not see that.  so I take note of my unit if asked.

FOr the RMA  replacement they are a official gopro  brown container boxed and rewaraped in a clear protective plastic on the rear glass, the front screen and lens protector.   This keeps the cost down then to ship a retail one out,  Why tehy say not to ship anything back but the camera,  , You already have the box, why a second one, Ah to ease our minds.

Highlighted
Hiker

After a few weeks of battery discharge I think that one of my sd cards must have been bad. I remember changing cards during my ski trip and starting to have issues. I have fully reformatted both sd cards in my pc any the gopro now seems to be far more stable.