Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Hero 7 battery drain

As somebody above mentioned...sometimes when switching the gopro off, the screen remains on for a few seconds after the beeps and the led has stopped...i dont believe this is connected to the battery drain...well not with my camera anyway.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Let's make this clear; GoPro know about this issue. This issue is too common and there is no possibility that they couldn't experience it.

This issue has it's beggining long long time ago in Hero5 era and they didn't fixed it. There are few possible reasons:

1. They know what's wrong and it can't be fixed by the firmware. Masive recall of all GoPro7 would kill the company and it's easyier to pretend that everything is just fine and replace any bad unit to another same bad unit (as long as they don't shut the f**k up).

2. They know what's wrong and it can be fixed by the firmware. Anyway, they will never release firmware that could fix the problem because some of features would just stop working (wake on voice, time of powering ON, quick capture or autoupload). And we all know that GoPro must be f**cking awesooooome.

3. They don't even care if this is software or hardware issue. As the Hero7 is released, and due to cost cutting they don't have human resources that could start working on it. Instead of this everybody are focusing on upcomming "Hero8 deadline" that has to be anothere marketing succes so they don't give a f**k about all Hero7 cosumers.

Because of these three possible reasons, I think that trying to tell them that something with Hero7 could be wrong is completly pointless.

They have nothing better to offer that asking if memory card is OK, or "I feel soooooooo sorry about your problem, cen you reset the camera/format sd card/install last firmware/buy more batteries" that they just keep copy/pasta (and propably laugh and spit coffe and chips on monitor). Very chilled out company to work in... really.

Peace out!

Tom,

former gopro costumer,

actual user of cheap china camera that finaly works

Tourist

Yeah I think I may have been the one that brought that up. I’m still having success with that method.
BUT !
I obviously got to check a couple of hours before I want to use it. Because if it is flat I need time to charge it.
Now to me. This makes the hero7 as useless as a chocolate fire guard. Money wasted. Can’t put it on eBay knowing it would be sent back as faulty. It’s only use is a novelty paperweight.
Hiker

Agree!
I’ve just returned my third 7 for a refund.
Waiting till next month to purchase a good solid Sony RX0 Mk 2.
No more GoPro’s for me....
Tourist

You naild it👍🏽
Tourist

I have same issue, 3-4 times completely drained and draining all the time a little bit! And turning off 4-5sec after led stops! They offered me replacement camera, but i dont know if they are sending new one or refurbished because it don't have original packaging and no turtle sticker on lcd! Does anyone have experience with replacing?
Tourist

"I have same issue, 3-4 times completely drained and draining all the time a little bit! And turning off 4-5sec after led stops! They offered me replacement camera, but i dont know if they are sending new one or refurbished because it don't have original packaging and no turtle sticker on lcd! Does anyone have experience with replacing?"

I won't make a difference.  We have some people in this thread that replaced it 4 times, all with the exact same problem.  If I were you, I would return it to the store for a refund.  Then check this thread to see if there is a fix later on, or wait for GoPro 8.  But if you don't want to be one of those "fool me twice, shame on me" people, simply just buy some other brand.

Tourist

You are right, but im huge fan of gopro i think i will stick to it and hope for some resolution on this issue