Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Adventurer

Re: Hero 7 battery drain

[ Edited ]

OMG Dan are you Nick woodman?  you surf, you own gopro and you are. the man.  Dan is Nick.

Hiker

OMG, Im sorry.. Was I outta line? Yeah, great support! Keep sending out new units and batteries, and after that dont work, finally admit theres a problem! Just beyond the return window too! Ok, great support! 

Highlighted
Hiker

Yes appalling Support.
First bought direct from GoPro kept giving the same answer. Manually reinstall software.
Sent back and it took them nearly three months to refund.
2nd and third from John Lewis. They replaced twice, both had battery drain, locking issues and live streaming issues. But good to
Hear at least someone had one that worked!
Tourist

SIMPLE PROCESS TO STOP BATTERY DRAIN

1.- Charge your camera at 100% and Disconect from USB cable,

OR PowerOff your Hero 7

2.- Open de battery cover and pull out the battery for a few seconds, then put it again, close the Battery Cover.

You will see a little flash of red ligth

IF YOU STORE your camera in this condition the battery IS NOT DRAIN.

CONCLUSION:

If you charge or use the camera and shoutdown, ALWAYS the camera is doing "samething" even is OFF,

but if you pull out the battery, the "ghost process" go down and Battery Hero 7 is NOT DRAIN.

Not a Real Solution, but IT IS WORK !!

Tourist

Tourist

Hey Don't mean to be rude but this is not a solution and I can confirm it might seem to work for you but it does not the drain issue is random it can happen anytimeThe led flashes every time a battery is  inserted and obviously if you pull the battery the camera won't flatten it

Cheers,Brent

Tourist

I agree with you, it is not a real solution.

The real solution will came with a Firmware Update

Adventurer

when the sd card is placed in the Led flashs.