Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Betreff: Hero 7 battery drain

We know that already. Not all have this problem. Only some of them!
Hiker

Re: Hero 7 battery drain

I just called technical support Spain (the number that appears on the web) and tells me that it is normal that the battery is spent in this way ... And that you send me a new battery ... I can not believe that to say that in less than 24 hours pass the battery from 100% to 0% even I get the camera warm while being turned off in the drawer and tell me that ...

Highlighted
Hiker

I'm saying this again and again, but I want to say this once again. Maybe noone of you experienced this before but I had this issue also with my old Hero 5 black. And I had 3 units, each of them had same problem with battery (diffrent story that main issue with hero5 was no sound in around 5% of all videos) which was huge power consumption 100 to 0 in few hours.

You can check this with your cameras, just turn all lights off or go to some dark room and watch screen after you power off the camera. The screen will be not completly off. It will be turned on, but black. Also temperature will go high like it was on wifi or something. And because of this it will die in one night. Ofcourse this happens even if every additional feature is completly off (wifi, voice, gps, etc.).

It won't happen everytime, only sometimes, as you already experienced, but this is how it works.

Hiker

[ Edited ]

I noticed that too sometimes. When I see that, I just take the battery out, to make sure it's off, and then put it back. I don't have the battery drain issue often since I do that.

How freaking hard must it be to GoPro to make a device that when you shut it down it's really and completely OFF? Is it so hard??

Hiker

Well. Maybe there is no enginers. Maybe they all are surfers, MTbikers or sky divers? xD. Then it could make sence ;).

Adventurer

Hero 5 came out and quick capture off  kept the camer in a drain state.    4 years later.... 

Hiker

Betreff: Hero 7 battery drain

@flaj : you mean the screen is off but the backlight remains on?
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hey ! I have notice exactly the same !

But why sometimes the GOPRO is turning off directly when you push the power button and sometimes ir's turning off after 5 seconds pushing it ?