Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero 7 battery drain

The same happens to me...
From time to time the camera when it works works well but others are downloaded from 100% to 0% in less than 24 hours and heated ...

Highlighted
Hiker

Does anybody else also more than one battery?
In my case it happens often with one battery, but not with the other.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

I have two batteries and the same thing happens to me

Highlighted
Hiker

I have two batteries and the same thing happens to me
Highlighted
Tourist

I have 3 GoPro original batteries, and the battery drains in either, regardless.  I'm 100% sure the problem is not in the battery, it is something in the GoPro 7 unit itself, that for some reason it doesn't shutdown correctly (it stays running doing something).  It doesn't always happen, but often and noticible.  Never had this problem with GoPro 5 or 6.

Highlighted
Hiker

I have x4 battery - same issue with any of them. Anyway, I don't think it's because of battieries - I think it's hero5-7 software thing.

Highlighted
Hiker

Different Hero 7, different batteries, different cards, different chargers - same issues.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi, Exactly I'd like to know if there is anyone with A Hero 7 Black that has not had this issue because it seems very Clear that everyone with one so far has experienced this issue more than once   I didn't see any responces to the post I made about mine mis reporting battery charge level only strucjk this twice where it was reported 0 percent was hesitant to turn on but did so on second try but was still 0% but when put on charger only took 10 -20 mins to fully charge so it wasn't flat the other instance it said 83 or 87% cant remember off hand exactly which but after turning it off then back on said 100% so I cant really rely on  that side of things either

Cheers,Brent