Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero 7 battery drain

I'm 99 000 % sure it's bad software. The real question is, are they working on it?

Highlighted
Tourist

turning everything off does not fix the issue  twice now I have also struch this only to go to power up the camera after a day to find it totally flat this is a serious issue that needs resolving I normally use it twice a day but on those two ocasions I did not use it for the whole day needs resolving promptly and as a precaution I usually remove all files from the sd card but this does not seem to help either

there are enough posts about this issue to warrent a serious look by the gopro technical team

Cheers,Brent

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi.
The day of yesterday was the maximum, crossing on a motorcycle, I put the battery 100% charged and active quickcapture, at the end of 1 hour I was exhausted, I had only captured 2 videos of 1 minute, I put another battery also original gopro and after 1 the same thing happens, I never had this, always using active quickcapture and I use all day without problems, I hope that soon solve the soft problem.

regards
Highlighted
Tourist

Same issue here with the gopro hero7 Black. Gopro should give us our money back. We can't use this camera. Useless.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone. We appreciate you providing us results of your tests. Such results give us a better understanding of what is going on. We have raised the issue to the team and we are waiting for an update or a fix. 

If what you are experiencing is battery drain only when the camera is off, have tried the recommended steps-to-fix to no avail, and are getting the expected battery life as determined through the short record time test , let our Support team know so they can create a case for you, and help with the next steps. You may reach the team by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Further to my last post 2 days still read 100% each day however the third day we were at 97% this isn't bad but if it were to cintinue  we would see a considerable loss after a week comparison th my panasonic lumix genuine batteries in my G85 I still see full reading after 4 weeks but as I said one of the gopro batteries seems to self discharge faster than the other whilst in use I have no issues with recording time not that I have run the recording longer than 30-45 minutes I haven't suffered any more total battery drains whilst turned off since the last 2 I mentioned that were totally random after shutting down the camera I suspect this issue may be hard for the team to diagnose since it seems to be random and once we power off the camera and the screen goes blank we cant see what is happening internally and there is no indication of leds blinking or anything  an uncased bare camera with power monitoring etc will tell eventually

Cheers,Brent

Highlighted
Sightseer

Has this issue being fixed? My camera just drained its battery to from a full charge 0% while I didn't even take it out of my pocket for the whole day, what's the expected stand-by time? 

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I think I have managed to stop my 7 from discharging the battery while off by using the app to turn off GPS. I turn this feature on only when I want to use it.