Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero 7 battery drain

My one does the same.

Went out today ready to make a video and Hero 7 Black would not turn on.

Tried taking the battery out as once before that helped but no luck.

Put it on charge when back and noted it was showing up on my WiFi network (I had not tried powering it on so WiFi started all by itself when the battery charger a bit).

I have now disabled the option and hopefully next time I may actually be able to use it.

Highlighted
Hiker

I still have the same problem even after a replacement camera. Camera gets hot randomly when switched off and drains battery very fast. No, actually it's not totally random - in my experience that happens mostly on Wednesdays (yeah, yesterday too). Weird.

I recommended the camera to a friend and his camera shows the same behavior. Now I feel sorry for recommending it to him.

Yes, voice command, wifi and GPS are switched off.

Highlighted
Tourist

This is absurd!
I have the same issue but haven't done a controlled test yet as I only just got the 7 Black.
Thanks to everyone making tests and posting results, but GP are seemingly killing themselves with this issue.
GP gave me a good discount on a 7B as compensation for having to replace (RMA) 3 (YES, 3!) Hero 4s.
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me! (not sure what "fool me 4 times consists of!)
It cannot be that we have to jump through hoops just to use basic operations without the battery draining. This is nowhere to be found on the page which tells you what an amazing cam the 7B is.
Come on GP, make this right!
Highlighted
Hiker

At least we still can remove the battery from the camera... so I feel so sorry for H7 silver and white users. They have to deal with everything built in :P. I hope that GoPro will solve this problem in other way than "RMA replacing and repeat".

One thing is good. They can't tell that everything is ok and it's fault of some bad units. This problem is global and I only don't know if they are working on it or just know about something that literaly can't be fixed so they only "manage the dammage" and keep smiling to us.

Highlighted
Hiker

Así es, yo tengo la Silver y no puedo sacar la batería.

Así que cuando no la uso siempre está perdiendo batería; lo peor de todo, es que en el chat oficial de GoPro me dicen que es normal perder un 10-15% de batería al día estando la cámara apagada... ¡vergonzoso!

Highlighted
Hiker

Hey, Hombre... English...

Highlighted
Tourist

Removing the battery from the camera would not solve the problem, since you cannot keep doing that once your activity begins.  I'm able to reproduce this all the time...... I go skiing with a full battery (100%), I start by recording a few minutes clip (I properly stop the recording and the camera turns off), then an hour or so later the battery is dead.  I believe this is a combination of low temperature or something.  Temperature is upper 20's (F).  I never had this problem with the GoPro 5 or 6, not a single time I ran into an unexpected dead battery.  With GoPro 7 Black it happens all the time.  If I'm at home at room temperature, I don't see this problem.  I have multiple genuine GoPro batteries, and it is the same, so I'm positive that the problem is NOT on the batteries.  I completely understand that battery performance decreases in lower temperatures, but in upper 20's F temparature?, come on.  As it is, the GoPro 7 is completely useless for skiing or other winter sports. 

Highlighted
Hiker

yes, It happens the same to me Solution ? Is it a battery or software? regards