Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hero 7 White - Audio - is this normal?

[ New ]

I did this audio test because it seemed like the audio wasn't being picked up very well. 

As you can see from the clip, the audio seems to be picked up sometimes, but not other times. 

I thought maybe I wasn't speaking loudly enough into the mic.. but I don't know.. ?

https://youtu.be/pzdBtvrqWSU

What seems to be happening here? 

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Re: Hero 7 White - Audio - is this normal?

[ New ]
Do you have a selfie stick you can mount the camera on? Two things could be happening. It could be one, or both, effecting the audio.
1) your fingers could be covering the mic ports occasionally as you turn the camera.
2) the noise created by your fingers on the camera is causing the Auto wind reduction to kick on and the camera is trying to cancel out the added noise (causing the audio db drops).

Try just setting the camera on a table and then walk around the camera doing your audio test.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Explorer

[ New ]
Do you have a selfie stick you can mount the camera on? Two things could be happening. It could be one, or both, effecting the audio.
1) your fingers could be covering the mic ports occasionally as you turn the camera.
2) the noise created by your fingers on the camera is causing the Auto wind reduction to kick on and the camera is trying to cancel out the added noise (causing the audio db drops).

Try just setting the camera on a table and then walk around the camera doing your audio test.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Thanks, I'll try that. 

I do have a selfie stick, and it happened when it was in the casing on the stick. 

I will set the camera down and walk around and do the test shortly. 

Good idea, thank you.  

Sightseer

[ New ]

Well, I tried it again and it seems worse... 

https://youtu.be/FJKSz7C3X-Q

Let me know if you guys know of anything to do about this? 

Thanks!