Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Hero 7 Trade-In Sales Tax Overcharge

As I said, when my Hero 7 was actually shipped there was NO sales tax on the sd card, even though the original order indicated there was. So far no one has actually been charged sales tax on the free sd card. So, wait and see.
Adventurer

Here is the question in video asked.  And the rep  answered them  very  clear.  

Promotions.  Retail +  Tax card free dedutcion  Total. any  that is  the price  not   Retail deduction Price  tax card

Tourist

Highlighted
Hiker

My gopro shipped and my charge posted. The correct tax was applied (tax on $399.99 gopro, but not sd card). So, don't worry about the invoice, wait until you get charged because it should be the correct price.

Tourist

@garyd23341 wrote:

My gopro shipped and my charge posted. The correct tax was applied (tax on $399.99 gopro, but not sd card). So, don't worry about the invoice, wait until you get charged because it should be the correct price.

shouldn't the tax be on $299.99 ?

Adventurer

Only if the camera is $299 it’s not
Tourist

@fishycomics wrote:

I paid $299.99 for the camera, but was charged sales tax on $399.99 , in WA state.

Tourist

@bhooshand16806 wrote:

@fishycomics wrote:

I paid $299.99 for the camera, but was charged sales tax on $399.99 , in WA state.

In WA state (I'm also a resident; in Seattle) It's my understanding of the tax law that we should be paying tax on the final price. The final price in this situation is $299.99.

I have been unsuccessful with GoPro support. I haven't seen any acknowledgement of the mixup. The gopro support minions are standing their ground stating 'We made sure that we charged you correctly.'

Not cool. Possibly illegal.