Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Adventurer

Re: Hero 7 Trade-In Sales Tax Overcharge

[ Edited ]

855-6353578 noted on the bottom of the page     press 2 for sales and existing orders

Adventurer

Besides seeing it BACK ORDERED   that now makes you wonder Lol  they did  adjust hte few dollars..

GoPro
GoPro Customer Service
2111 Eastridge Ave, Door 34037
Riverside, CA 92507
(888) 600-4659 (toll-free)
+1 (650) 980-0252
Sales Order
Date
9/20/2018

Back Ordered
Amt.
Subtotal
Shipping Cost (Fedex 2nd Day: 2 business days)
Total Tax (Sales Tax 8.88%)
Total
$335.49
Hiker

HHMMMMM! I called tthe number but was not able to get the price amount adjusted. I'm in CA and mine came out to $340.36 :(

The guy I spoke to said it is automatic generated tax and that he doesn't have any capabilities of doing price adjustments on his end. He also assures me that I am not payjng tax for the free SD card but being taxed from the original price of the GoPro 7 $399.99. By my rough calculation, I think my total shoud have been around $321. Anyone had any success in getting a refund?

Hiker

My Hero 7 Shipped and No Sales Tax on SD Card!

[ Edited ]

Even though my original order confirmation charged $26.99 tax, which incldued tax on the sd card, when shipped I was only charged tax on the full price of the Hero 7 (even though I paid $299) = $25.40 tax. States differ on whether trade-ins reduce the sale tax, so this may be legally ok. And still a big bargain, one that lasted only a few days.

My Hero 7 Black will arrive Wed.

Hiker

So yours have been shipped already?
Adventurer

That is great to hear.    the bottom line here is lets just hope no lemons.

Tourist

My credit card has not been charged yet, but once it does and if i see extra sales tax charge, i think i file an online complain to better business bureau and the state attorney generals office . AFAIK, in WA state, they should charge sales tax only on $299 and not $399
Highlighted
Hiker

I THINK GoPro can legally charge tax on a the full $399 of the camera, but not on the $24.99 free SD card. GoPro has stated they don’t resell the cameras we “trade it” rather they recycle them. While their program states it is a “trade in” program, they may not actually meet the definition of a trade in when it comes to tax laws. Just speculating, but what we do know is we are being charged tax on the SD card when we shouldn’t be.