Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 7 Slow motion settings

When I view a video in x1/2 speed on my gopro or on the mobile app it will keep the video at this speed when I export the video to PC/MAC, mobile..etc, even if I change the speed setting back to x1.  Am I doing something wrong?  why doesnt the video export off the camera in native speed?  I have tried multiple times to change the speed settings from slow to native (regular speed) but no matter what I do it exports off camera in slow motion once I have changed the setting to slow motion.  It seems to stick to the video.  Please advise if this is user error or not.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 Slow motion settings

Hi @jacopro

I have tried to transfer a test recording(720/60) and on the app it kept the correct speed.

What settings did you use?

Does this happen to all recordings or just to one?

What SD card are you using?

Please make sure that your camera and the app both are up to date.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I’ve seen it happen with 1080x120, 240 2.7kx60. I have bought the recommended sd card and I tested it again when I uploaded the video to iMovie on iMac. I record a video, I watch part of it in slowmo while iPhone and GoPro are connected via GoPro app, I set back to regular speed (1x). When I export from camera to iMac it stays in slowmo. Hero7 black
Highlighted
Tourist

Camera is up to date
Highlighted
Explorer

What happens if you don't view it before importing to your computer? What you are describing just sounds like the way your computer/software is playing back the media by default. Most likely, it's auto playing at 29.92 (30fps).
Highlighted
Tourist

It appears to be fine if I import video to my Computer without viewing in slowmo first. The problem is I have videos stuck in slowmo on computer. Just wanted to avoid this in future