Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hero 7 Silver

My Sliver GoPro 7 keeps freezing up. Freezes for 12+ hours and I can't use it. I bought it for my trip to BVI and I wasn't able to take pictures for at least four days of my trip due to this issue. I tried to send a support ticket through the this site and also won't go through. I am super disappointed and want help to replace or return. I am not happy with my experience. Please help.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 Silver

@fireylift33333, if your camera is currently frozen, try to reset the camera by holding the MODE button at the side of the camera for 10 seconds. 

The freezing issue in a camera is usually an indicator that the camera's software needs to be updated or there is potentially an issue with the microSD being used. Try removing the SD card and see if the camera still freezes up. If it no longer freezes, then the issue is likely stemming from the SD card. 

You can get the full list of microSD cards that are known to work well with GoPro cameras here

It is also advisable to format the SD card before use. (NOTE: Formatting the SD card will delete all data off of the card, so be sure that you save any videos or pictures you want to keep on your computer before reformatting the SD card.)  

Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can also help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the manual update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229

If the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thank you. I have done most of what you suggested already, except clearing the data. The SD card came with the camera. It has froze so bad, that not even holding the mode button works. Nothing happens. It just holds on the last photo. It doesn't even shut down. I think the battery finally gives out and then I can use it again for a little bit then freezes all over again. I just got it, so it is interesting that I already need a system update. I have only had it a week and a few days. But will try the suggestions I haven't done yet. I'm in the process of backing up the photos I do have. 

Again, thank you.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thank you for responding so quickly as well. Much appreciated.

Highlighted
Sightseer

One more thing...to make sure I format the SD card correctly, do you have instructions for that by chance?

Highlighted
GoPro
Highlighted
Sightseer

Thank you!