Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 7 Silver Motorcycle Video Settings

I need some help! I recently bought the new Hero 7 Silver Edition, and plan on using this camera to make videos while riding my motorcycle. The camera is mounted on the outside of my helmet on the left side. I have been playing around with different settings, but everything seems to be coming out blurry and not very clear at all. Has anyone had this same issue, and if so what was your solution? My bike tops out at maybe 65 mph so I wouldn't think speed would be an issue!! I have also tried to find anyone else with this same issue, and nothing came up. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do, or any camera settings that may reduce the blur?! Thanks!

GoPro

Re: Hero 7 Silver Motorcycle Video Settings

Hi @kawasexy1995

What resolution did you use? Are you able to share a sample file? This will help us assess the issue further.

Also, what SD card are you using?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Hi EJ! Thanks for the quick response. I have attached a photo from one of the clips I took a few weeks back since that is all I have on my phone while I am at work. But I believe this video was shot in 4K at 50 fps. When I come to a stop, everything is completely clear so it is only when I am moving. I have a Sandisk Extreme Micro SD 32GB UH S-I Card that has 4k capability. Any help is appreciated, and I can try and get a clip sent over when I am off.

Thanks,

Michaela

Bike shot..png
GoPro

Hi @kawasexy1995

Is this taken from the live view on the GoPro app?

Are you able to share a copy of the recorded file itself?

You may share it via Dropbox or upload it to YouTube and just provide us the link.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

I know for a fact that I did not have the the app turned on. I just turned my camera on and pressed record! I went to review them later in the app, and was a little disappointed when they turned out so blurry! I will try and upload them to  YouTube when I get home this evening!

Nomad

When you view the playback of a file using the GoPro app, you're not actually viewing the RAW video file, instead your watching a secondary file known as an LRV (low resolution video) that's specifically created for quick playback on your mobile device.  Please upload the original RAW file if you need help discovering if you have any recording issues.