Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hero 7 Silver Blank LCD Screen - Even with restarts

[ Edited ]

Preface: I'm a computer programmer, so I've tried every permutation of restart with and without SD card inside (Its a SanDisk, 128GB)

My GoPro hero 7 stopped displaying output on the LCD screen. Button pressing is still responsive, seems to be recording when pressing record because the flashing red LED goes off, beeps still go off but no output on screen when pressing mode.

Holding down mode for ten seconds, mode + record for ten seconds, neither of these two attempts resets the gopro deep enough to restore to factory. Really not sure what else to do.

Noticing that software on hero 7 is 10x more buggy than software on my previous hero5. Starting to regret having 'upgraded.'

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero 7 Silver Blank LCD Screen - Even with restarts

Button pressing is still responsive, seems to be recording when pressing record because the flashing red LED goes off, beeps still go off but no output on screen when pressing mode.

Did you actually examine the memory card to see if something is indeed being recorded?  That would be a very definite indicator rather than a flashing red LED light.  

Also if you press the record button and quick capture is activated, then the camera will indeed start recording but the LCD will remain blank.  Have you tried powering on the camera using the "mode" button (which would therefore not start the camera in record mode and activate the rear LCD).

Holding down mode for ten seconds, mode + record for ten seconds, neither of these two attempts resets the gopro deep enough to restore to factory. Really not sure what else to do.

Have you tried manually reloading the firmware onto the camera?