Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Adventurer

Re: Hero 7 Shipping Date

[ Edited ]

@danielr15 wrote:

@fishycomics

So I just got my FedEx tracking and it looks like you're going to beat me after all.  My package is scheduled for delivery on Tuesday before 8pm.  Since you've got the Trade Up also, I think it's fair to say you easily won Smiley Wink  Pretty excited to get my hands on the HERO7 Black. Smiley Very Happy

First Last, for both of us lets hope the Best, thank you @danielr15  yeah this time round but it's not about winning, guess I got lucky and gotaccepted, and that I am happy.   Did your  facality come out of Katucky?

Yes I hoe you are and I am excited as well, SInce I am not as active like i used to be I am sure you and  the family will get much better use out of it?   I hope from seeing, reading  the troubles that  its just User isues nothing more  

crossed-fingers.png

Explorer

@fishycomics
I agree that the free 2-day shipping needs a little asterisk next to it. First, they really need to clarify to people that 2-day means the shipping method, NOT processing time and expected delivery day from the order date. If nothing else, during the ordering process it should notify the buyer to expect 2-4 days for processing and warehouse to put the order together AND THEN it will be shipped via FedEx 2-day delivery.

As far as notifications, yeah, the system seems to be overloaded. This isn't so much on GoPro as they use another companies software and it is all automated, but hopefully they can get something done. Similar to how this site is run on Lithium (the program). I notice that whenever a new product is released and the comments section gets more activity, suddenly the email notifications that used to regularly get start to lag considerably. For example, I just checked and I still haven't received my normal email notification showing that you replied to my previous post.

As far as the HERO7 Black, I try to keep the post we see here in perspective. Considering that the HERO7 Black has beat all other previous launch sales, there actually seems to be far less issues reported than with previous models (at least it seems that way to me).

When I reflect back on the last few years on this community, if I were to rank reported issues and complaints from most to least, it would be:
HERO3 Black/Silver
HERO4 Silver
HERO5 Black/Session
HERO6

and the HERO7 pretty far behind those. What's most important to remember though, is there are still people using all of those cameras trouble free. MOST people didn't have an issue with any of them.

No doubt there are some issues. What we have seen thus far seem similar to HERO6 when it comes to battery and Freezes, but honestly, the HERO6 had WAY more initial issues and much more frequent battery & lock up complaints. Personally, I'm not overly concerned at all. My HERO6 now works flawlessly, as do all of my other GoPro cameras (except my HERO4 Silver does have the helicopter Wi-Fi noise). If there are any issues with the HERO7, I have no doubt that GoPro will squash the bugs in the coming months. For the most part though, it seems that MOST people love this camera.
Adventurer

@danielr15  well said!.

Very true on that that we are Happy campers I have my little   upsets but that is life things  do not last forever.     well if I my order gets here today I be STOKED if not I will Come and Complain to high heaps  Nah..   to many already Lol.   Christmas in October Lol

FISH

Explorer

[ Edited ]

I'll be looking for your live stream rant, "Coffee in the Car with FISH". Smiley Wink

Adventurer

Oh Man @danielr15 thanks  for that one Lol    Apple iphone face screen day one still  displays me BACKWARDS. never resolved.  Iphone 6 so image  how  long that issue  from a major company ............  that made my day  HIGH FIVE

Explorer

[ Edited ]

Be sure to check him out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwytgGeWH6s

35361288-red-car-cartoon.jpg

Backpacker

well i must say mines had no issues (but neither have my others except the original Hero 6). Being lazy I did swap the battery from my Hero 6 into the 7, put the sd card in & let the app do its update & away we've been. As mines a dashcam mainly i don't often leave it, but when i do for a few days over the weekend its always held its charge (so could it be a battery issue as i'm using an old one)

Adventurer

I complain to. the one I  complained about and not many had was the  quick capture and turned off drained.  nevergot resolved.  I leave it as is works fine  H5B.

I'll keep that in mind  use the other battery and I  updat the  correct way.  I have yet oupdated the Hero 6 black still on 1.51 factory.  camera works  no need for me to be updated. no fixes I needed honestly ifasked.