Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 Shipping Date

[ Edited ]

If GoPro cared about their customers they might do something like:

1) Send an email to the customers who placed pre-orders updating them on what is going on with their order and when it will be corrected, espeically given that the pre-order purchase stated a shipping date.

2) Offer a solution such as shipping the camera without the SD card to avoid impacting customer's plans (such as vacations).

3) Generally, not ignore the problem.

Two more points:

This whole idea that SanDisk is "back-ordered" seems implausible. These promotions, and contracts with suppliers, are negotiated and finalized month's ahead of time.

And, finaally, for a company that is trying to become relevant (let alone fiscally sound) again, angering its most enthusiastic supporters - those that pay attention to announcements and then  pre-order, just seems dumb. 

Adventurer

[ Edited ]

@danielr15 wrote:
I spoke with GoPro and unfortunately they are being delayed by SanDisk being in back order. Awaiting my shipment of the HERO7 Black as well. Definitely a bummer. For me it's not an urgent thing, but I know for some they want the camera for vacations and important events. From my experience, GoPro does care about the customer getting the most, "stoke" from the camera, so I'm sure they are doing everything possible to expedite this as they can.

Same here but I did not get the  talk you got and I got a 64gb card  coming without knowing.  Maybe b/c like you said the card, the camera who knows what each rep was told,  glad to hear the sdxc cards were b/o  also knoew th camera was b/o,   hope  to see who gets what. gonna hear some sasy I got this and that....

Each rep only goes on what they know, and the Rep I talked to was very kind to offer me  the info... Ifeel that my order was handledcorrectly and this is what I get   why did I get  ( see below) something I did not want..   Lol  ha ha ha 

ORDER SUMMARY

Item No Item Name Qty Description Price Amount

CHDHX-701HERO7 BLACK1HERO7 BLACK399.99399.99
ASDMC-464Extreme MicroSD 64GB SDSQXVF-064G-AN6MA1Extreme MicroSD 64GB24.9924.99
PTUDISCTrade Up Program Discount1Trade Up Program Discount-100.00-100.00
PWEBDISCWeb Discount1Web Discount-24.99-24.99
Shipping Cost0
Tax35.50
Discount-124.99
Total: $335.49

Hiker

@scotts54661totally agree with your post

Funny thing is, I ordered the Hero 7, a spare battery, and then the 32gb SanDisk card is added automatically.  

I received my spare battery and the 32gb SanDisk card earlier this week.  But not the GoPro.

Followed up with them today about the GoPro, and they are telling me that my Hero7 order is delayed since they ran out of SD cards.  I then told them that I already received my SD Card early this week... so just ship the camera.

Then they finally tell me that the Hero 7 is now out of stock.

Looks like they are trying to put the blame on the SanDisk SD cards, but in reality, they simply ran out of Hero 7 inventory.

Sightseer

I called to cancel my order--didn't ask why there was a delay. The rep, who was very nice, put me on hold and when she came back she offered me the opportunity to have the camera shipped out immediate without the SD card. As others have said in this topic, the SD cards are what are holding up shipping out the 7's. So we changed it from just the camera with the SD card shipping at a later date. My 7 should be shipping today or tomorrow now.

Adventurer

Awesome. that is great to know, the options are there if we simply ask and that  is great that worked out for you.

Explorer

@hecubus

Same for me.  Just had them split the order.  Cameras are coming, SD awaiting shipment.

Adventurer

@danielr15 wrote:

@hecubus

Same for me.  Just had them split the order.  Cameras are coming, SD awaiting shipment.

hmmm we ordered near the same   hours and funny how each one of us differs,

Tourist

Just when I was getting a good rant going.

My GoPro Hero 7 AND an SD card JUST SHOWED UP UNEXPECTEDLY.  

It apparently was sent from a distribution center in KY.  My guess is that GoPro subcontracts out fulfillment (and customer service) and the two simply don't communicate well

Never received a notice it was shipped and order status has not changed from "processing".

Hopefully the camera does not disappoint.

Best of luck to you all.