Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 7 Shipping Date

[ New ]

Hi I pre-ordered Hero 7 Black. Is there a shipping date available?  thanks

Adventurer

Re: Hero 7 Shipping Date

[ New ]
Check the email that you got. That should have a ship date. Also you can call or chat with GoPro. The site does not offer that info at all. Get with a rep please.

Just remember there can be a delay if sold out. Backorders etc
Tourist

[ New ]
thanks it does show Oct 2
Tourist

[ New ]

I oreded it here on GoPro istead of my usual, B&H, because it said it would ship on or before Octber 2. It's now October 3 and not shipping info. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Same here, preordered it 30min after it released on the GoPro website on the Sept 20th.  Assuming I would get my hands on it before it would get in stores next to me.  Now its Oct 3rd, no shipping confirmation yet. 

I walked in to Best Buy on Monday and saw a rack full of Hero 7's...

I contacted GoPro Customer Service today, trying to get some information on the status of this shipment and when its expected to leave the warehouse... absolutely no help.  Answer i'm getting: ''I see your order is on process''.  I know it is, its been ''on process'' since 9:30am, Sept 20th.

Tried to cancel the order (and i'll go pick on up at Best Buy)... apparently they can't help with that either.  They are telling me I should go buy one at Best Buy and just return the GoPro order once I receive it in the mail.

Anyone else having these issues?

Tourist

[ New ]
Yes. Sales support has been entirely useless. They appear to read from a script that contains no better information than I can get from my online update - ie it has been "in process" since moments after having placed the pre-order on the 23rd.
Adventurer

[ New ]

Did we ever ask if  it was B/o

Backpacker

[ New ]

@kriscyr wrote:

I walked in to Best Buy on Monday and saw a rack full of Hero 7's...

i couldn't figure that out. Preorders were always going to be shipped on 2nd October, but i got one from the local Argos store on 27th September. I'm not sure what the "pre" was about

Sightseer

[ New ]

I just got off chat with customer service and they advised the micro sd card was out of stock and is causing delay in my GoPro Hero7 shipment.  I asked if they could ship the GoPro first then the micro sd card later when it becomes available but my question was not answered directly.  They advised they don't have information on when the sd cards become available.

It's kind of disappointing since I pre-ordered with a ship date of October 2, 2018.  I would think they begin to prepare for the preorders ahead of time.  Not off to a good start but I'm still hyped and excited for the Hero7!

Tourist

[ New ]

@wayneg08 wrote:

I just got off chat with customer service and they advised the micro sd card was out of stock and is causing delay in my GoPro Hero7 shipment.  I asked if they could ship the GoPro first then the micro sd card later when it becomes available but my question was not answered directly.  They advised they don't have information on when the sd cards become available.

I suppose a meaningful response is helpful even though I'm not wild about its substance. Either way, thanks for passing it along.

Hiker

[ New ]

I pre-ordered with the trade up program and just got a notification from Fedex my package arrived today.

Tourist

[ New ]
Was the notification from FedEx that it was delivered the first notification that it had been shipped at all?
Tourist

[ New ]

I'll give them till Monday to ship. If not, I'm canceling the order and walking across the street to Best Buy and getting one. I ONLY ordered directly bcasue they were thee only supplier with a "defiante" ship by date. I leave for Zion in a week and a half and if it's not here by then, well, my excuse to my wife for buying one so quickly is gone. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Latest info I got from ''customer service'':

''For the time being, we still do not have stock for the HERO7 Black. However, we are actively seeking assistance from other warehouses to get it replenished.  We would like to ask for 3 more days and once we have stock, we will send you the order confirmation''

What I find ridiculous is that I ordered this on Sept. 20th, 30min after it became available online... I'm assuming I should have been near the top of the list.   Now I see people who ordered this at a later date than I did, and they've already received it.

Let me know what updates you guys are getting

Highlighted
Adventurer

[ New ]
9-20 afternoon yesterday told fed ex has it and they’ll supply the email. Two day delivery would be Friday or Saturday the latest. Like car sales no vin. No car. So I asked. Are the cameras backordered. And I get a answer about tracking I ask again. I never got an answer to something that was so difficult to say a yes or no to
Explorer

[ New ]
I spoke with GoPro and unfortunately they are being delayed by SanDisk being in back order. Awaiting my shipment of the HERO7 Black as well. Definitely a bummer. For me it's not an urgent thing, but I know for some they want the camera for vacations and important events. From my experience, GoPro does care about the customer getting the most, "stoke" from the camera, so I'm sure they are doing everything possible to expedite this as they can.
Tourist

[ New ]

If GoPro cared about their customers they might do something like:

1) Send an email to the customers who placed pre-orders updating them on what is going on with their order and when it will be corrected, espeically given that the pre-order purchase stated a shipping date.

2) Offer a solution such as shipping the camera without the SD card to avoid impacting customer's plans (such as vacations).

3) Generally, not ignore the problem.

Two more points:

This whole idea that SanDisk is "back-ordered" seems implausible. These promotions, and contracts with suppliers, are negotiated and finalized month's ahead of time.

And, finaally, for a company that is trying to become relevant (let alone fiscally sound) again, angering its most enthusiastic supporters - those that pay attention to announcements and then  pre-order, just seems dumb. 

Adventurer

[ New ]

@danielr15 wrote:
I spoke with GoPro and unfortunately they are being delayed by SanDisk being in back order. Awaiting my shipment of the HERO7 Black as well. Definitely a bummer. For me it's not an urgent thing, but I know for some they want the camera for vacations and important events. From my experience, GoPro does care about the customer getting the most, "stoke" from the camera, so I'm sure they are doing everything possible to expedite this as they can.

Same here but I did not get the  talk you got and I got a 64gb card  coming without knowing.  Maybe b/c like you said the card, the camera who knows what each rep was told,  glad to hear the sdxc cards were b/o  also knoew th camera was b/o,   hope  to see who gets what. gonna hear some sasy I got this and that....

Each rep only goes on what they know, and the Rep I talked to was very kind to offer me  the info... Ifeel that my order was handledcorrectly and this is what I get   why did I get  ( see below) something I did not want..   Lol  ha ha ha 

ORDER SUMMARY

Item No Item Name Qty Description Price Amount

CHDHX-701HERO7 BLACK1HERO7 BLACK399.99399.99
ASDMC-464Extreme MicroSD 64GB SDSQXVF-064G-AN6MA1Extreme MicroSD 64GB24.9924.99
PTUDISCTrade Up Program Discount1Trade Up Program Discount-100.00-100.00
PWEBDISCWeb Discount1Web Discount-24.99-24.99
Shipping Cost0
Tax35.50
Discount-124.99
Total: $335.49

Hiker

[ New ]

@scotts54661totally agree with your post

Funny thing is, I ordered the Hero 7, a spare battery, and then the 32gb SanDisk card is added automatically.  

I received my spare battery and the 32gb SanDisk card earlier this week.  But not the GoPro.

Followed up with them today about the GoPro, and they are telling me that my Hero7 order is delayed since they ran out of SD cards.  I then told them that I already received my SD Card early this week... so just ship the camera.

Then they finally tell me that the Hero 7 is now out of stock.

Looks like they are trying to put the blame on the SanDisk SD cards, but in reality, they simply ran out of Hero 7 inventory.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I called to cancel my order--didn't ask why there was a delay. The rep, who was very nice, put me on hold and when she came back she offered me the opportunity to have the camera shipped out immediate without the SD card. As others have said in this topic, the SD cards are what are holding up shipping out the 7's. So we changed it from just the camera with the SD card shipping at a later date. My 7 should be shipping today or tomorrow now.

Adventurer

[ New ]

Awesome. that is great to know, the options are there if we simply ask and that  is great that worked out for you.

Explorer

[ New ]

@hecubus

Same for me.  Just had them split the order.  Cameras are coming, SD awaiting shipment.

Adventurer

[ New ]

@danielr15 wrote:

@hecubus

Same for me.  Just had them split the order.  Cameras are coming, SD awaiting shipment.

hmmm we ordered near the same   hours and funny how each one of us differs,

Tourist

[ New ]

Just when I was getting a good rant going.

My GoPro Hero 7 AND an SD card JUST SHOWED UP UNEXPECTEDLY.  

It apparently was sent from a distribution center in KY.  My guess is that GoPro subcontracts out fulfillment (and customer service) and the two simply don't communicate well

Never received a notice it was shipped and order status has not changed from "processing".

Hopefully the camera does not disappoint.

Best of luck to you all.

Tourist

[ New ]

This right here what  @scotts54661 said: "And, finaally, for a company that is trying to become relevant (let alone fiscally sound) again, angering its most enthusiastic supporters - those that pay attention to announcements and then  pre-order, just seems dumb."

Absolutely. On my second call with them today waiting for tracking number. By the way, when you confront them with the SD card issue mentioned throughout here, theeeeeeeeeen they come clean and admit it. Supposedly (if you can believe the CS types at this point) they haaaaave the SD cards now and my order is still sitting there waiting to be shipped out. Ooooooh and gues what? The CS operator offered to email the tracking number to me once they get it from the warehouse..... I mean, who would have thought about thaaaat?

Honestly, not worth the wait for the tradeup discount.

sacrcasm intended because patience has worn thin.

Thanks for reading my rant! :)

Tourist

[ New ]

@scotts54661 someone else here in the same forum said the same thing..... 

This is a bush league op they have going here -- come on man! LOL

:D

Tourist

[ New ]

Mine arrived today, Yesterday I got an email form FedX saying a package had shipped form LOUISVILLE, KY. No mention of what it was or who it was from. And today, the GoPor arrives, form Louisville, KY. Still nothing form GoPro themselves but at least I have my camera.  NO wonder they are in finicial problems if this is the way they treat loyal repeate customers. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Mine arrived today as well via FedEx from a distribution center in Louisville, KY and I did not receive any kind of notification from GoPro or FedEx that it was coming.  I ordered mine on 9/30 and have been refreshing the Order Tracking page religiously almost every hour since, which still states that the order has been sent for processing...?!  GoPro's order fulfillment operations as a whole is a joke, but hopefully the rest of your orders are on their way.  Good luck!

Explorer

[ New ]
There is some issue with the tracking software. I'm not sure what company provides this to GoPro, but it's a shame that it's causing issues and anxiety for GoPro customers. I'm sure the GoPro Customer Service isn't too happy right now either.

I ordered a few of the new accessory kits (which are pretty awesome BTW) a couple days ago. If I look on the order tracking page it still shows processing. All three kits are sitting on my dining room table as I write this. 😊
Tourist

[ New ]

PS, my origianl order confromation email still says "Processing". Hey, maybe I'll get two for the price of one! LOL

Sightseer

[ New ]

I placed the pre-order on 20 Sept 2018 with My order MU-00291920 which state that delivery on 2 Oct.

My issue is that i cannot contact anyone about my order.

All the contact number is not even a single ring.

So i chat on the web, they said they cannot trace due to south east asian market. And suggest me to call the number which i was keep trying to call three days.

Such a good customer service!

Adventurer

[ New ]

In North America they pick the phone up within a minute from *2 sales  and recent orders *4 a minute  for case numbers  what country are you in that you are having difficulties and see what a Mod says   Please try contacting support again at ....

Tourist

[ New ]

So at first the double billed me...now, they've dropepd the second billing, leaving the original ammount  and added a third billing of $1.93?????

Nomad

[ New ]

Check you local tax rate against the value of the microSD card.   Usually that is listed at 24.99.   Should we be paying tax on the free card?  Opinions may vary..   ;-)

Tourist

[ New ]

That was already included in the origianl billing. $32.93 in tax.

Hiker

[ New ]

Just received an email from FedEx with the tracking number, expected delivery on Tuesday.  Unfortunatly, I wont be getting it in time for the long weekend here in Canada.  But, at least I know it's on its way...

Adventurer

[ New ]

ALl I can do is laugh.  I saved $100.00 Plus an upgraded  card to 64gb according to the invoice. how true can that be. because GoPro shipped on Wedsday and the arrival ddate is gopro MONDAY that's two days everybody two coutem

Thursday, friday, Sat, Sun, Monday Two.  guess that is hte special they ran. 

All I can do is Laugh.  no rush got another camera to use plus more and I also have the option to  simply return if not satasfied. we'll see.

FISH

Lets corec tthe ship date  shipped thursday 10:AM  from KY and in PA so its being  on a ground delivery that is an 8 hour ride so who knows how many local stops are on that 18 wheeler Lol

great Job gopro  thumbs to ya!

Explorer

[ New ]
FISH, If GoPro handed off your product to FedEx on Wednesday and you aren't receiving until Monday, you might want to ask FedEx why they aren't delivering on time.

Looks like we might be getting our cameras on the same day. Hopefully FedEx delivers as scheduled. My cameras went to FedEx today (cards still not shipped). At least you got in on the trade up. I missed the boat on that ☹️

After reading some of the comments, my plans are:
Charge the batteries completely before turning the camera on (probably use a dual charger)

Format SD in computer and place manual update firmware on it.

Insert SD (for first time) into camera

Turn camera on, allow for update, run through set up.
Explorer

[ New ]

@fishycomics

So I just got my FedEx tracking and it looks like you're going to beat me after all.  My package is scheduled for delivery on Tuesday before 8pm.  Since you've got the Trade Up also, I think it's fair to say you easily won Smiley Wink  Pretty excited to get my hands on the HERO7 Black. Smiley Very Happy

Adventurer

[ New ]

@danielr15 wrote:
FISH, If GoPro handed off your product to FedEx on Wednesday and you aren't receiving until Monday, you might want to ask FedEx why they aren't delivering on time.

Looks like we might be getting our cameras on the same day. Hopefully FedEx delivers as scheduled. My cameras went to FedEx today (cards still not shipped). At least you got in on the trade up. I missed the boat on that ☹️

After reading some of the comments, my plans are:
Charge the batteries completely before turning the camera on (probably use a dual charger)

Format SD in computer and place manual update firmware on it.

Insert SD (for first time) into camera

Turn camera on, allow for update, run through set up.

@danielr15   This was more about not updating and hte system not working.  I think GoPro's system when I called last a year ago was down and they were doing their best to do something about it.  Maybe that is hte issue that it can not handle the over flow.  I feel the 2-day should change  two days and up. peoplesee two days and expect  from the pick up of hte phone or order placement online to their door two days.

GoPro on the phone passed it to Fed ex has the confirmation. and gopro never getting outthe confirmation but just an update camera is on its way. No where did it say  you had to ask for it, and when asked they kindly gave it. and finding out its shipped and . gopro did their part.  

For Fed Ex Ky to NY in facality in the local  spot by me  can mean  knock knock TODAY when monday is hte delivery day.  Columbus day is a Holiday so  we'll see. for some Lol.

Iagree   just saying  that gopro should say Fed ex Ground 2 day  and up.

Adventurer

[ New ]

@danielr15 wrote:

@fishycomics

So I just got my FedEx tracking and it looks like you're going to beat me after all.  My package is scheduled for delivery on Tuesday before 8pm.  Since you've got the Trade Up also, I think it's fair to say you easily won Smiley Wink  Pretty excited to get my hands on the HERO7 Black. Smiley Very Happy

First Last, for both of us lets hope the Best, thank you @danielr15  yeah this time round but it's not about winning, guess I got lucky and gotaccepted, and that I am happy.   Did your  facality come out of Katucky?

Yes I hoe you are and I am excited as well, SInce I am not as active like i used to be I am sure you and  the family will get much better use out of it?   I hope from seeing, reading  the troubles that  its just User isues nothing more  

crossed-fingers.png

Explorer

[ New ]
@fishycomics
I agree that the free 2-day shipping needs a little asterisk next to it. First, they really need to clarify to people that 2-day means the shipping method, NOT processing time and expected delivery day from the order date. If nothing else, during the ordering process it should notify the buyer to expect 2-4 days for processing and warehouse to put the order together AND THEN it will be shipped via FedEx 2-day delivery.

As far as notifications, yeah, the system seems to be overloaded. This isn't so much on GoPro as they use another companies software and it is all automated, but hopefully they can get something done. Similar to how this site is run on Lithium (the program). I notice that whenever a new product is released and the comments section gets more activity, suddenly the email notifications that used to regularly get start to lag considerably. For example, I just checked and I still haven't received my normal email notification showing that you replied to my previous post.

As far as the HERO7 Black, I try to keep the post we see here in perspective. Considering that the HERO7 Black has beat all other previous launch sales, there actually seems to be far less issues reported than with previous models (at least it seems that way to me).

When I reflect back on the last few years on this community, if I were to rank reported issues and complaints from most to least, it would be:
HERO3 Black/Silver
HERO4 Silver
HERO5 Black/Session
HERO6

and the HERO7 pretty far behind those. What's most important to remember though, is there are still people using all of those cameras trouble free. MOST people didn't have an issue with any of them.

No doubt there are some issues. What we have seen thus far seem similar to HERO6 when it comes to battery and Freezes, but honestly, the HERO6 had WAY more initial issues and much more frequent battery & lock up complaints. Personally, I'm not overly concerned at all. My HERO6 now works flawlessly, as do all of my other GoPro cameras (except my HERO4 Silver does have the helicopter Wi-Fi noise). If there are any issues with the HERO7, I have no doubt that GoPro will squash the bugs in the coming months. For the most part though, it seems that MOST people love this camera.
Adventurer

[ New ]

@danielr15  well said!.

Very true on that that we are Happy campers I have my little   upsets but that is life things  do not last forever.     well if I my order gets here today I be STOKED if not I will Come and Complain to high heaps  Nah..   to many already Lol.   Christmas in October Lol

FISH

Explorer

[ New ]

I'll be looking for your live stream rant, "Coffee in the Car with FISH". Smiley Wink

Adventurer

[ New ]

Oh Man @danielr15 thanks  for that one Lol    Apple iphone face screen day one still  displays me BACKWARDS. never resolved.  Iphone 6 so image  how  long that issue  from a major company ............  that made my day  HIGH FIVE

Explorer

[ New ]

Be sure to check him out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwytgGeWH6s

35361288-red-car-cartoon.jpg

Backpacker

[ New ]

well i must say mines had no issues (but neither have my others except the original Hero 6). Being lazy I did swap the battery from my Hero 6 into the 7, put the sd card in & let the app do its update & away we've been. As mines a dashcam mainly i don't often leave it, but when i do for a few days over the weekend its always held its charge (so could it be a battery issue as i'm using an old one)

Adventurer

[ New ]

I complain to. the one I  complained about and not many had was the  quick capture and turned off drained.  nevergot resolved.  I leave it as is works fine  H5B.

I'll keep that in mind  use the other battery and I  updat the  correct way.  I have yet oupdated the Hero 6 black still on 1.51 factory.  camera works  no need for me to be updated. no fixes I needed honestly ifasked.

Adventurer

[ New ]

Fed ex has rules....

I rechecked so excitd WAHOO!   says it's out   out WEE!

Tourist

[ New ]

Mine was supposed to arrive on Monday but FedEx came a couple hours ago and cam arrived! 

They included a 64gb card too instead of the 32. 

Awesome!