Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 7 Questions Outside The Norm.....

No one ever accused me of being normal, so here goes:

Can the camera be streamed to a laptop instead of a smart phone?  I am looking to project a live image on a large screen for my upcoming STEM classes with boy scouts.  

One of my main uses for my GoPros is for High Altitude Ballooning.  I can export still images into GIMP and de-haze them extremely well but have not found a way to do this in ANY video tool and I have several.  Is there a specific filter / software tool to de-haze high altitude movies from a high altitude balloon??  Short example video is below (6 minutes):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3gCc27n6RQ   (Jump to middle of video for flight movies)

Great bunch of kids! This is just a summary, more details coming later in the official Troop 620 "Balloon Quest 5" video - no idea when that will be done tho...

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 Questions Outside The Norm.....

Hi @subotai

Some customers were able to stream to their computer using older models by accessing the IP address of their camera through their laptop.

However, this does not work for newer models.

For reference, you can also check : Getting Started With Live Streaming | Best Ways to Achieve Video Out Signal via HDMI

Regarding de-hazing the photos, you may check out 3rd party applications for this option. 

For other editing options on your home computer, we have had several customers give good reviews of Pinnacle Studio HD, Davinci Resolve,  Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premier Elements, and Apple's iMovie and Final Cut X. 

For more advance video editing applications, please refer to DaVinci Resolve (Free Version) or Adobe Premiere Pro CC (Paid).

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @subotai

Some customers were able to stream to their computer using older models by accessing the IP address of their camera through their laptop.

However, this does not work for newer models.

For reference, you can also check : Getting Started With Live Streaming | Best Ways to Achieve Video Out Signal via HDMI

Regarding de-hazing the photos, you may check out 3rd party applications for this option. 

For other editing options on your home computer, we have had several customers give good reviews of Pinnacle Studio HD, Davinci Resolve,  Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premier Elements, and Apple's iMovie and Final Cut X. 

For more advance video editing applications, please refer to DaVinci Resolve (Free Version) or Adobe Premiere Pro CC (Paid).

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Looks like Live Streaming might be a chore.  Will keep pecking away at it.  

As for dehazing.  I can use GIMP to dehaze photos just fine.  I need a way to dehaze movies to that same degree.  There's a huge difference between what GIMP can do with a picture and what I've been able to do with the raw video footage.  I have multiple tools available and none are as clear as GIMP.  The difference leads me to believe there's a trick to dehazing video; although I don't understand why there would be.