Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Hero 7 External Mic Causing Out of Sync Audio

Audio is about 1 second ahead of video and out of sync.

Here's my GoPro Settings and what I have already tried to fix this issue.

Settings

1080/60/Superview

Audio set to Standand Mic Stereo

Recording to SanDisk Extreme 128GB microSDXC UHS-3 Card (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XX3X9JD/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Viewed on Windows Movies & TV app and also in Adobe Premiere both are out of sync.

Updated Windows 10 HEVC via HEVC Video Extensions

Only on the GoPro Hero 7 Black. My Hero 6 Black has no issues and the audio is in sync when the mic adapter isn't connected (using only the GoPro mic).

I've tried different SD cards (Even though there are no issues with the Hero 6 using them, same problem of out of sync audio).

My computer specs are:

Intel Core i7-8700K

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

32GB RAM

Again no issues with the Hero 6, seems to be only the Hero 7 with the external mic plugged in. Same mic, adapter, everything I use with the Hero 6 without any audio sync issue.

Thanks for any suggestions on what is causing this. I don't want to have to sync audio in post every clip.

Hiker

Re: Hero 7 External Mic Causing Out of Sync Audio

The only way I can get it to sync is by starting to record with the mic adapter UNPLUGGED then plugging it while the GoPro is recording. I also have quick capture disabled.

Out of sync process:
Mic adapter plugged in. Start GoPro. Wait until screen appears. Hit Record.

In Sync process:
Mic adapter unplugged. Start GoPro. Wait until screen appears. Hit Record. Plug in Mic Adapter.
Adventurer

I'll  check mine this week. tomorrow it arrives.

My question is if you wait ten seconds while recording to talk it still happens. you must replug the 3.5mm mic to correct?. I can hear hte Mod say reflash firmware.

Hiker

I am not having that issue with my external mic / hero 7. I'm still on the original firmware. Haven't updated it.
Adventurer

Fw  what  ?

Tourist

Hi, same problem there.

We are using gopro 7 and a rode VideoMicro through official "pro 3.5 mm mic adaptater" and we are facing audio out of sync problem too. we are using 1440/24 with linear lens and a Extreme PRO SanDisk card. Firmware are update and we don't know what to do...

Tank for help,

David 

Hiker

David - the only way I found to get it to sync properly is start the GoPro with the mic adapter unplugged. Press record. Then plug in the adapter while it’s recording. Repeat this process each time and you won’t have the issue. Still little annoying
Hiker

Same problem here. Audio is about 1 second out of sync when using an external mic on both of my Hero 7 Blacks. The mic is a Rode Lavalier plugged into the gopro adapter. Standard Mic setting.