Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 External Mic Causing Out of Sync Audio

This I painfull. So I get the Go pro 7 with the Mic adapter like many to do vlogs etc.. Firstly Powerbank and Massive card Etc and shoulder strap to do POV and yep me to..Sync is way out..My problem is I have a Rig on my should so No real view...because if I sync with the App I cant use the Remote because It doesnt like it ! If i Sync with the Remote and It looses signal I have to take all this stuff off ! Now Im out of SYNC with the AUDIo...What makes me angry is I upgraded from a Version 4 to this Thing Because of the Crackle when using the App !! looks like I will go Back the the 4 and Just use the Remote !! Im shocked if you dont sort this Out and I promise this Time Even with Your poultry Discount to upgrade to a Product that doesnt work correctly I may NEVER return to this Product. Very disapointed in The GO pro 7 at the Moment.

Tourist

[ Edited ]

I agree. We need a proper answer from gopro. Will this be fixed, and when? Or should I return my gopro 7 as inoperative. 

Tourist

Same for us. Gopro should demonstrate more respect to customers. As for us our rig is not working properly we should be able to return our kit and get full pay back. It's a shamy situation. As said previously perhaps they are not able to debug it but a working firmware is madatory. there is ton of coder there open your code and let the community help you. Chineese competitor already copy your features and algorithm so nothing to be afraid anymore. 

Tourist

The silence from GoPro on this is deafening and shows a complete lag of customer service or even basic empathy. 

Nomad

I was out today and tried the mic adaptor and Røde Video Micro microphone. Hero7 Black was running v1.70. Linear mode 1080/25.

After reading all this I was surprised to not find an audio sync issue in my footage at all.

Maybe PAL setting in camera works better? All problems are with NTSC mode aka 30 FPS?

52014003_10218612476803505_7472420437004124160_n.jpg
Tourist

The issue only happens when external power is used. No issue when just a microphone is connected.

Nomad

So much ado about nothing. Just don't use a power bank. :-p

Tourist

"Maybe PAL setting in camera works better?"

Unfortunately not - I use PAL settings and still get the sync issue.