12-12-2018 06:49 AM
Im wondering the same thing. @aragon1006 Do you have clarification on if this issue is fixed? Release notes:
HERO7 Black v1.61
- Dynamically adjusts HyperSmooth stabilization strength to reduce motion blur in low light videos.
- Extends battery life when recording in high-frame rates including 2.7K120, 1080p120 and 1080p240 video.
- Improves connectivity between your camera and the GoPro app.
- Increases voice control accuracy.
- Enhances live stream stability.
- Eliminates image stuttering in slow panning shots that use HyperSmooth stabilization.
- Corrects stretching issue when playing back 4:3 aspect ratio videos on camera.
- Improves portrait and landscape detection.
- Removes red line artifacts that can appear in some videos.
- General bug fixes and user interface improvements.
12-12-2018 09:46 AM
The performance and usability improvements do not specify a fix to the audio issue with external microphones. Rest assured that this issue has already been passed along to the teams in charge. Have you been able to update your camera to the latest firmware? Please see if you still observe the same issue. We'd love to hear back from you.
12-12-2018 05:20 PM
I just updated my GoPro 7 with firmware version 1.61 and the audio is still out of sync if I start the video with an external mic with external power,
firmware 1.61 does not fix this issue.
12-12-2018 08:16 PM
This is just ridiculous. How the hell can GP sell an over-priced adapter that doesn’t even work properly. Get your audio issues fixed. I am so sick and tired of this amateur crap from GP. Seriously…you want $400 for this POS camera.
12-13-2018 09:09 AM
01-03-2019 02:17 AM
01-04-2019 09:27 AM
I am having the same issue. - Unfortunately, I can not use your "fix" as I have the camera in a custom case that secures the adapter cable in place to prevent damage to the port. I'm wondering if there have been any updates of fixes to this issue? I'm using vs. 01.61