Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Hero 7 External Mic Causing Out of Sync Audio

Same problem here. Getting frustrated...
Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone, 

We have already raised the issue to the team in charge. Thank you for sharing your individual findings. We will keep you posted. In the meantime, see if the solution shared by members on this thread will work for you.

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Hiker

Update: I found my process does not work, still out of sync. I believe it has to do with being connected to an external battery. Pretty sure I am going to put the Hero 7 on the shelf until they can update the issues plauged with this release and resort back to the Hero 6 or even 4. Pathetic GoPro's quality goes down with every release. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Same exact issues here. One thing i did notice.  I use an external battery pack to power my hero 7 with the mic adapter and a 3.5mm lapel mic.  everything worked perfectly till i left my battery pack pluged into the mic adapter and charged my battery pack.   That's when all of my issues started.   The previous adapter i had started getting buzzing in the audio after i tried hooking it into my computer via the adapter instead of directly into the camera.   From what i have tested and think the issue is. the mic adapter works fine untill you plug it into any kind of power source other than a battery pack.  if you plug it into a computer, charger of any kind. It gets fried and isues start.

TLDR: First adapter had issues immediatly after plugging it into a computer. Second adapter issues started after charging battery pack still connected to the adapter...  Everything works as intended with the adapter untill you do one of the above... Shame for a $50 adapter to be such **bleep**. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I have replicated the issue on my hero 7.  nothing plugged in it syncs fine.  if I have the external mic adaptor and mic plugged in and start it the audio gets ahead of the video.  the longer you record the more it gets.  Recording at 2.7k 60f/s  it is off by a approx 2 frames.  at 3 min it is off by 5-6 frames.  I tried the plug the mic in after I start the video and it works much better.  It is worse if I have a battery back plugged in.  The audio can be ahead of the video by a second. Very disturbing when trying to record a concert.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Same exact issue on my GP7B most updated firmware, audio from external mic is out of sync.

Highlighted
Hiker

Anyone trying to sync the audio, it's.30 seconds behind the video. Should help during the editing process.

Highlighted
Hiker

Well, it varies on how much it is out of sync. When using a USB external power pack, such as my Anker pack, audio drifts as much as 2 seconds over a 2 hour continouis recording period. The drift is not linear....

Such a shame that GP can't fix this. I had high hopes for the H7Black for my video channel. Would have been a great promo for GP. Guess I have to go with the Panasonic Lumix series. Won't be waterproof but then Panasonic has everything else dialed in, better color and way better codecs and audio processing.

GP promised too much, the H7Black is for tourists.