Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Adventurer

Re: Betreff: Hero 7 External Mic Causing Out of Sync Audio

SO as the issue continues and there is no fix, if you own a Hero 6 or older that is the solution till the Hero 7 gets a resolution in the future. like they say No news, is good news.

Tourist

Re: Hero 7 External Mic Causing Out of Sync Audio

Definitely an unfortunate discovery. I had just upgraded from the Hero 6 because of the Hero 6 having the audio clicking popping noise problems when using an external microphone and also using wifi control. I had hoped the 7 would be free of that issue and now it has its own similar one. It's like I should have just stuck with my Hero 4 all along for ease of use?!!?

DJI Osmo pocket and Sony RXO ii are looking really good right now after all the troubles with GoPro lately. Bummer. Had high hopes.

Hiker

@erickgibson I went back to my Hero 4 Black for motovlogging where I use an external battery and mic. I have (2) Hero 6 Black and a Hero 7 Black sitting on my desk literally collecting dust because the audio is so unreliable when using an external battery and mic. I foresee GoPro releasing a flip screen GoPro next ignoring this issue and creating a bunch of new issues trying to catch up to trends. I really really really wish DJI or Sony would come up with a similar flat action camera that allows external mic and battery hookup without audio issues. If it wasn't for the shape of the Sony ActionCam I'd go back to that but just doesn't fit on my helmet as well as the GoPro. 

Tourist

I hear you on all that! Seems the Sony RXO ii would be the most likely to win. Osmo pocket a tough shape for anyting but in the hand...

Just still in shock to have just received this Hero 7 I ordered hoping for the best and thinking I had it and after shooting something important with it (where audio was also important) thinking I had gotten it only to find another strange unexplained glitch in audio after just having similar with Hero 6...

Anyways I guess we wait to see what develops.

Adventurer

thought the hero 6   worked no issue just the hero 7 has it?   guess   when  every one else on the other thread are  looking to buy their mic adapter should research about this issue  and they can decide tehir fate.

Nomad

The problem with the RX0 and II is it is not wide angle and it's super expensive.

Hopefully they fix tis is the next firmware update...

Not sure why no one can get the external mic thing correctly done.  The Sony action cams have issues as well apparently they run the mic input way to hot and don't provide any means to adjust the level and they never update the firmware and that was one of the reasons i went with the H7 over anything else.

Hiker

[ Edited ]

@snorkel12068I sure do. Old Lady Angler is the youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_yk9_YGykR0mkzdX-M6iuw/

Tourist

Goodbye GoPro. DJI is finally releasing a action camera that will compete with the GoPro:

https://www.dronegear.tv/post/dji-to-release-new-action-camera?fbclid=IwAR1JzOgJS1U6jCqCwp-op-Qus-44...