Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 External Mic Causing Out of Sync Audio

@photogromer  The next video I will make will not be one about going back to a previous gopro, it will be about ditching Gopro forever and switching to the DJI Osmo Pocket. At least with DJI when they have an issue they fix it immediatly and try to improve sound quality, which Gopro has failed to do the last 6 years and the future does not look any better. Yes there cutomer service sucks but at this rate it is looking better then GoPros.

Highlighted
Hiker

Do it...post a link when it's up. Empty threats are meaningless. They don't give a **bleep** obviously by the lack of updates this far into the release. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone. An update for those who are looking for the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter. It is now back in stock at https://shop.gopro.com/International/accessories-2/pro-3.5mm-mic-adapter/AAMIC-001.html . 

Highlighted
Hiker

Yes, you too can spend too much money on a mic adapter that doesn't work properly with your $400 camera! GTO of here with that crap until you post an update to the audio issue using said mic adapter why would you blast it out as being back in stock. Get the problem solved called out on this thread or provide an update and estimated fix date. Seriously GoPro ya'll suck lately.

Highlighted
Hiker

Mariustanya,

Is the out of sync issue fixed yet???

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @thorsteno1. We just checked with the team. Unfortunately, there is no update or fix on the audio sync issue yet. We will continue to monitor updates and keep you posted on this thread. Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

@mariustanyaanother thing to make note of concerning the out of sync audio:
I have 3 gopro 7 blacks paired to a smart remote. One of the cameras has an external mic attached. When I press the record button on the remote, 2 cameras start recording simultaneously and the camera with the mic attached starts recording a split second later. So it's out of sync with the other 2 cameras. (I use multiple angles for my finished videos and this makes it a nightmare to edit). BUT.... If I press the record button, then press the stop button a few seconds later.... and then right away... press record again.... all 3 cameras will start at exactly the same time. Works fine. Then if the cameras are stopped for more than a few minutes, I have to repeat that process again to get them to start in sync. Strange behavior.

Highlighted
GoPro

This is noted @tj311. Thank you for the details that you provided. We will share them with the team.