Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: Hero 7 External Mic Causing Out of Sync Audio

It is, but I don't get why where the power comes from should affect that...it makes no sense and is likely some inadvertent timing issue in the firmware and could probably be fixed by adding logic like a if then statement in the code.
Regardless this is something they could fix even having a option to use standard stabilization on all resolutions would probably be fine.
Nomad

The 120 fps settings use standard stabilization and sync is also gone so if you are outside that would be an option.
This is still a issue though as the 120fps drastically reduces recording time and probably generates more heat.
Highlighted
Tourist

I just tested 4K@60,20 and 24 with no stabalization and also see NO audio delay with power connected before I turn on the camera and start the recording. Looks like the bug is triggered by using stabalization. 

Nomad

yep, but just hypersmooth, it still works fine with resultions that only support standard EIS such as 1080p 120fps.

If they added a option to only use standard EIS so it was like Hero 6 I would be fine with that for my applications but it's just insane that where the power comes from makes any difference at all.  my guess is they simply need to add a delay or sleep somewhere in the firmware to fix this.

It's sitll a issue they need to fix as using 120fps drastically reduces the recording time availalbe.

GoPro

Hi @sveng368 @snorkel12068

Thanks for sharing.

We'll have this passed along to the team.

Please continue checking our website for updates.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

And how to solve the problem with sound synchronization? Will there be a patch?

Nomad

Dont use hypersmooth and audio sync goes away.
I found that on my kayak I dont need stabilization at all as most of the time I am anchored and not moving around really fast.
Or use a resolution that only supports standard stabilization.

They know about it internally for sure as I contacted them via LinkedIn, only way I found to get info to the internal team.

I dont have high Hope for another firmware update as it's been 5 months and that means they will likely abandon the hero 7 for the hero 8....sucks but that's how they seem to operate.
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

I use the Hero 7 in an airplane, the hypersmooth stabilization was the ENTIRE reason I bought the camera.  Sorry, I can't stop flying the airplane to fiddle around with freaking cables and settings.

What's the plan here, GoPro?  Fix or ignore?  If ignore, who do I speak to about a speedy return of the defective equipment?