Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero 7 External Mic Causing Out of Sync Audio

I would take an exchange for a Hero 6 or two Hero 5s at this point.

It's just insane they have not fixed the firmware yet.  They probably have a fix but because of risk management or some other lame thing they make the developers do they can't release it......

Does anyone know how to let the CEO Mr. Woodman know about this?

I am using a Hero 5 now on my Kayak because it works perfectly with the mic adapter and external power.   If it's something related to the hypersmooth add a option to disable it.   

I suggest everyone go on social media i.e. facebook twitter etc and complain so the executives see it, if it becomes a reputation thing their risk management should kick in and force them to fix it.

Make as much noise as possible or it will never get fixed.......

Highlighted
Nomad

Post a coment on Casey Neistats video on the Hero 7 lots of people see that:

https://youtu.be/4EEiRtxU3aw

If people start seeing a lot of negative comments it could get noticed.   I still can't believe no one in charge looks at these forums.....

it does other stuff too. i just dont really care about live streaming. the app is finally great.. suppose i couldve mentioned that. Intro song: AllttA - Allt...
Highlighted
Hiker

Good news is DJI is announcing their action camera on the 15th of May so hopefully they kill GoPro with a nice product
Highlighted
Tourist

Have a chat with online support, they've setup an exchange for a new H7B for me. My hope being there's a hardware issue that later devices won't have. I'll update accordingly once I have it in-hand!
Highlighted
Tourist

Please do let us know. Very interested to see if this gets fixed and how it is handled. Hero6 issues with audio during WiFi operation were never addressed to my knowledge. I’m
Wondering if they will just not address and release hero 8 instead without fixing at all the 7.
Highlighted
Tourist

This will be most likekly what happens. The absent support on this page will then show back up and advise that we purchase the H8 to fix our issues with the H7.

Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

I find the Hub support is not part of the actual gopro company. And why they limit   and reply with  c/p answers or should we say with minimal help. on the subject but stay tuned we are working on a solution and yet ever har of anything more.

Highlighted
Nomad

A hardware issue is highly unlikely...
They just don't care, well we will see how fast their stock drops on weds...
Hello Osmo Action..