Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 External Mic Causing Out of Sync Audio

GoPro may always have a place in the kit bag, but a lot of issues lately since after the Hero4. This DJI rumor comes true and it could be a game and kit changer for a lot of us. Many really do not need the fisheye look for what we use the GoPro for. I would prefer less of the extreme fall of the planet wide angle. Hence the Back-bone mod kits are always on my mind, the DJI Osmo pocket looks appealing, and also the latest Sony RXO ii now that they added 4k internal finally. This DJI machine becomes a reality and I think a lot of folks will jump ship right away.

Highlighted
Tourist

This should be a simple fix for GoPro.  To me, it seems like it is a startup problem.  Cause if I start my camera on the battery then start the recording with the adaptor it seems to be in sync and then if I plug in the external power it stays in sync.  I have noticed the sync issue is more pronounced if I try and do a quick record.  you have to turn the camera on first then start the video then plug in the external power.  The quick start should check for the adaptor then give it time to be initialized and transfer power from the external source then start recording.  I know it will not be immediate but it should work.

Highlighted
Tourist

Would like to believe that, but the audio issues using external mic while also using wifi control were never fixed with Hero 6, so I have my doubts. More likely the Hero 8 will be out and maybe will be a camera without these issues...Or maybe it will have its own new random ones to figure out workarounds. Not a tenable work situation for many of us to be solving mysteries always. Praise the Hero 4...

Highlighted
Nomad

I have the quick start and voice control disabled only thing I have enabled is the wifi smart remote and it still does the sync issue.
They better release at least one more firmware update it's barely been out 6 months.
Highlighted
GoPro

For any one looking for the mic adapter, it is now available at https://shop.gopro.com/accessories-3/pro-3.5mm-mic-adapter/AAMIC-001.html

Highlighted
Tourist

@mariustanya Thank you for the update about the mic adapter being back in stock. How about an update from the team working on this case on how progress is coming along with an update? This is a thread dedicated to this issue, not selling mic adapters.

Highlighted
Adventurer

@mariustanya wrote:

For any one looking for the mic adapter, it is now available at https://shop.gopro.com/accessories-3/pro-3.5mm-mic-adapter/AAMIC-001.html

Hey Ladies andGents they are back in stock so more people ....  At least did you put another note in the box saying rephrain from using with an external powersource and no battery, that will be our Fix.  Like the  Mic and quiick capture, rephrain from using quick capture

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello GoPro:when will be out of sync problem be fixed ???

Just bought me a camera € 400,00 and an external mic adapter € 65,00 !

I want it to work properly as you can imagine,