Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 External Mic Causing Out of Sync Audio

Some powerpacks, mine is an Anker 10,000 mah, require the side status button to be pushed to wake the pack up. The pack sometimes decides that the draw from the camera is so small that it is not needed.  I have had this problem where the camera battery goes flat and the power pack does not start. Pushing the side button that shows the led status lights starts the process off. 

Tourist

That's interesting. So it could be just the mic connection is causing the issue?
Tourist

There's no question the adapter, or use of the adapter is the cause of the audio delay. I have found a fix, which should not be necessary if GoPros developers cared a bit more about their customers, which is to edit the video using GoPro Studio, export the result as an MP4 and use AVIDEMUX, a free download, to build, in my case, an 800Ms delay into the video stream with no apparent corruption of the video quality.

Adventurer

GoPro Hero 5 Black external Aud works fine

GoPro hero 6 black extenal Aud works fine

GoPro Hero 7 Black  ISSUE. and      the next question and concern is who did a Livestream and is it in Synch I am sure gopro did one  let them chime in on this Pleasee   @gopro engineer    McFly

Tourist

My Hero 7 Black seems to have the same or similar issue. After discovering the problem and doing some testing -- it appears that plugging in external power to the mic adapter is what is causing the audio to be out of sync. My Saramonic mic plugged into the external mic adapter alone does not seem to be causing any problem. Adding external power pac to the external mic adapter seems to throw out of sync any audio recordings made while attached.

Please advise when this issue is fixed. Hopefully with camera software update OR...?

Sightseer

Betreff: Hero 7 External Mic Causing Out of Sync Audio

[ Edited ]

Same issue here.

Delay caused either by using the microphone adapter using a power bank or when HyperSmooth is active.

I'm using the GoPro as live camera using the HDMI connection. It is no option for me to edit the video later.

I can't use my Hero 7 Black like this. the store does not take it back.

@gopro Can I exchange it with a Hero 6 Black through GoPro?

Highlighted
Tourist

Betreff: Hero 7 External Mic Causing Out of Sync Audio

There is not date for fix or even a clear commitment to get this fix. This issue is well documented, widely reported, easy to replicate and known for month.

@GoPro: Time to either make a clear commitment and provide a reasonable timeline or to offer your customers an alternative solution.

GoPro

Re: Betreff: Hero 7 External Mic Causing Out of Sync Audio

Thank you, everyone, for the details that you provided. 

@erickgibson, @sveng368 - We have passed the information on this thread to the team but we have not heard of any update or fix yet. We just made a follow up and no new information was provided. We will continue to check with them and keep you posted as soon as we hear back from them. 

@noblemesa5655 - It would best to get in touch with our Support team for your particular query. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs .