Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero 7 External Mic Causing Out of Sync Audio

@mariustanya is any new product replacing this clunky big adapter coming up?

This Adapter is literary, not available or getting sold by anyone anymore and out of stock everywhere including GoPro shopping site it self.

Thanks

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @niceshore20718. At this time, there is no information about a replacement, or when the stocks will be replenished. Please continue to watch out for updates through https://shop.gopro.com/accessories-3/pro-3.5mm-mic-adapter/AAMIC-001.html

Highlighted
Hiker

I am experiencing the same issue with my Hero7. It doesnt seem to be a problem when running off the internal battery. However, once external power is connected to the mic adapter, the sync is thrown way off (like a full second). This is a real problem for me as I bought the gopro primarily to be able to capture live in-studio performances, with an audio line in. And the camera needs to essentially be in standby mode at all times during a session. Battery power ain't gonna cut it, I'm afraid. 

I am running the latest firmware update as of writing this (3/9/19). I reeeally really hope you can solve this. It's bad enough getting charged an additional $50 for a 3.5mm mic/line adapter dongle, but then having it not work as advertised. And it looks like this issue is going on 4 or 5 months unresolved? Come on, folks. Do better.
Highlighted
Hiker

I also would like an update. For my next video, I am comdering on going back to the Hero 6 as syncing the sound in post is so annoying and outweighs any of 7’s benefits 

Highlighted
Tourist

Using the Hero 6 is exactly what I am doign right now. The Hero 7 is an expensive paper weight for my use case until this issue is fixed. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Tourist

Really? This is the best response you can offer?

Let's be really frank here - the audio for GoPro 7 is a disaster. The awful and clearly last minute/Friday night design, the sync issues, the exorbitant price point for the adapter, and now the stance that the company cant either consider demmand correctly or just has no viable option...

How about do your job properly? The product owner inside of the company knows exactly when a new build will be available, or they know exactly what the options are in a new product design and have dates that could be communicated. Contact the product owner if he/she is not fired already, or get your boss to contact his/her boss and provide a meaningful response to your customers - while you still have them.

This is not the quality of customer service that people expect from GoPro.

Highlighted
Tourist

The support and customer service being supplied here is what I would expect from DJI. The fact that GoPro has stopped to this level is disheartening. I will give GoPro 4 months to role out a fix for this issue before I sell off all of my gear and give up GoPro forever. By this time the GoPro hero 8 will almost be out, which may be what there waiting for to fix this issue. Just keep sweeping it under the rug and give people motivation to buy another Action camera that does not do what its advertised to do. I am getting very close to making another public announcement on my youtube channel commenting on the support and service gopro has provided and advising people to take there busines elsewhere. Apparently this is the only way we actually get a response from this company. The least GoPro can do is supply an update on the progress of this issue. What do you say @aragon1006  @mariustanya  ?

Highlighted
Hiker

@jordanm0130 make the video. The more negative press out there the better on these issues. Problem is not enough people rely on the external battery for them to address it. It’s been plagued since the hero 5 with that adapter. I’m went back to the hero 4 and mention it in a lot of my videos. I also made a video calling out the live feature https://youtu.be/b3z08xKdVDI