Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 External Mic Causing Out of Sync Audio

@agilestoke40735 wrote:

So much ado about nothing. Just don't use a power bank. :-p

You do understand that the charging port on the mic adapter is there for a reason.
Just be glad if you're able to record all you need on a single battery, or swap batteries on the fly.
However, all of us are not. As already explained here, we use these cameras for different needs. 

In my case, I need to keep my gopro running for longer times, starting and stopping it remotely.
Also, I won't be able to continuously remove and plug back in the mic adapter as I won't be next to my gopro.
I'm using multiple cameras too, so I can't keep running between them. Other examples were mentioned here, if you only would have read them.  

Gopro should be able to run on external power when using the mic adapter (as the feature is there), and still keep audio in sync.
This is obvious. 

Now gopro, please. Time to give us an answer. 
Hiker

[ Edited ]

We do have plenty of customer with this microphone adapter issue which GoPro is totally ignoring.

Tourist

Has anybody tried to return the camera for this known defect that GoPro is not fixing?
What was the feedback from GoPro?

Tourist

No i havent and I dont even think I have had mine for a Month yet so maybe thats an idea.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Understand the reason and also do not believe that legal action is the right way to go about solving this issue. 

Can I kindly ask you to help this discussion to get back onto a path that leads to a solution of this problem?

Specifically:

1. Is there anythign that we can help GoPro with to get this problem debugged and resolved?
  2. What is the current priority to get this fix and is a fix even planned?
  3. What should effected customer do?
Hiker

[ Edited ]

@sveng368 ignoring us customers is not the right way to go about it either.
I have seen many many people reporting this issue and GoPro is completely ignoring to comment on the issue like its going to vanish on its own, people paid money for this device and want a functional device, if they don't have a solution, they should just credit the customers with their money and not take the money and ignore the issue.

Tourist

Fully understand your frustration and I am equally frustrated.
Just writing an email for GoPro's CEO (hope I have the correct email).

Issues happen. What really matters is how companies deal with issues. This is were GoPro is dropping the ball.
GoPro

Hello @sveng368 and @niceshore20718. Thank you for your concern, and for the feedback you provided. Our team is aware of the issue and a ticket has been created for it. They are working on it but as of latest check, has not come up with a fix yet. They are looking at a firmware update but there is no information about it at this time. We posted that we will provide an update (keep this thread updated) once we hear back from the team and we will definitely do it. 

If you have not done it yet, it would help if you contact our Support team regarding the issue. It is always important that details surrounding the issue are gathered and collated so the team working on it has a better understanding of what is happening. Cases created through our Support team are submitted to the team directly for a closer look.