Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: HERO5 and ext mic? / Re: Hero 7 External Mic Causing Out of Sync Audio

I tried doing that, too, and had the same issues. Plus there's so many cords and adapters, it's hard to remember to get them all set up and going. I've found that for my flying purposes, as long as I plug in the external power after starting the GoPro recording, the audio stays in sync throughout the flight.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Hero 7 External Mic Causing Out of Sync Audio

Thanks, I’ll try it next time
Highlighted
Hiker

+1 more having this issue. Never had an issue before with my HERO 5 & 6, but man its making editing a pain with HERO 7.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Same issue.

Gopro hero 7 black with firmwarre 1.70

Highlighted
Tourist

Already two firmware update with no fix for this issue. Dissapointing.

This issue is very easy to replicate and should really not take too long to fix if it is considered a priority.

Can someone from GoPro confirm that this is beeing actively investigated and that there is a clear commitment to get this fixed?

Time to put a clear statement out so that people can make alternative plans as needed if there is no fix comming.

Highlighted
Tourist

Another week with no update.

@aragon1006 You indicated in earlier post that GoPro is workign on this. Can you please share an update?

Highlighted
Tourist

Give us an update. I am about to post another video on this issue due to the lack of response we are receiving. Even if things are not going well, at least tell us it is being worked on. The next video im thinking about vlogging for my youtube channel may be "Vlogger gives up on failed action camera company GoPro" or Vlogger tired of the failed GoPro attempts and ditches the camera setup for Sony or Nikon".

Highlighted
Tourist

Im sorry, I am just more disappointed in this camera than I have ever been in the past. I have supported this company for over 10 years and solely used a GoPro to film my vlogs for the last 8 years and the only thing that has improved is the MP and resolution it seems. How about some improvement in the audio? It is evident that the people that care about good audio out of an action sport camera is not GoPros market. With my new found enlightenment this will solidify my decision more than ever to walk away from this company. There are action cameras for underwater video that are equal in resolution for alot cheaper than $350 that i can use to get these shots.