Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 External Mic Causing Out of Sync Audio

Same for me. This ”fix” won’t do as I’m controlling the gopro remotely via the app. Impossible to disconnect and reconnect cables all the time on stage!
Having video and audio in sync is the most basic feature of a videocamera. This should work out of the box , especially after buing the not even close to cheap mic adapter!
Sightseer

Re: Hero 7 External Mic Causing Out of Sync Audio

I experience the same issue: remarkable audio-video out-of-sync only when Hero 7 is plugged to an external charger (5V, 2A). Still quite annoying and disappointing !!

Hiker

HERO5 and ext mic? / Re: Hero 7 External Mic Causing Out of Sync Audio

@joels7263,

Fellow HERO5 user... did you ever figure out any workaround for your HERO5?  Do you use external power or not on your HERO5 setup?  Does the suggested fix in this thread work for HERO5?

I have the same ext mic + HERO7 issues (thought it was just my setup!).  Guess I'll be doing some practice runs with HERO5 + ext mic.

Since your application may be somewhat similar to mine... for extended record applications I actually find HERO5 to be more solid than HERO6/7 in firmware stability + SD card "sensitivity".  I switched to purchasing HERO5 for my specific need (extended HD record, WiFi monitoring, w/external power, w/o hypersmooth).

Sightseer

Re: HERO5 and ext mic? / Re: Hero 7 External Mic Causing Out of Sync Audio

Just one more still experiencing this problem.  For me I can get it to work with the proposed workaround, although it is very annoying.  But I got this all setup so my family could all use it to make good videos very easily, and for that is needs to be very simple. Now I basically have to tell them not to use it right now.

Tourist

@benj838 wrote:

@joels7263,

Fellow HERO5 user... did you ever figure out any workaround for your HERO5?  Do you use external power or not on your HERO5 setup?  Does the suggested fix in this thread work for HERO5?

I have the same ext mic + HERO7 issues (thought it was just my setup!).  Guess I'll be doing some practice runs with HERO5 + ext mic.

Since your application may be somewhat similar to mine... for extended record applications I actually find HERO5 to be more solid than HERO6/7 in firmware stability + SD card "sensitivity".  I switched to purchasing HERO5 for my specific need (extended HD record, WiFi monitoring, w/external power, w/o hypersmooth).

Unfortunately not. With HERO5 black the offset wasn’t as bad as with HERO7, though it was constant and always present when using the mic adpater. (It was definately more than noticeable, and frankly unacceptable. Try recording a drummer and when playing back the video, the drummer’s stick would be up when it should be hitting the drum!)

Whether or not I had an external power source connnected had no effect whatsoever.

At first I suggested gopro that this might be a firmware bug and as such easily fixable. Gopro denied and suggested that the problem was with my camera. I sent it for repair, got a new HERO5 black and a new mic adapter with exactly the same problem!

I used the camera for some time, but the wifi chip stopped working so I had to send the camera back again. 

After waiting for almost two months, I finally got a call that the camera was beyond repair. I got to choose between a third new HERO5 black and refund. I took the refund as HERO 7 was already out by then. 

Any news from gopro regarding the fix!?

We’re all waiting!

Tourist

+1 for this issue on my Hero 7 Black and external power. Very annoying, as I's atrting/stopping video a lot, so not feasible to remove the connector all the time.

GoPro

Thank you all for sharing!

We are still waiting for updates on this.

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

I tried recording a flight today using Hero 7 with external power. For ATC audio I used an external audio recorder. When I sync audio with the beginning of the video in FCP, I'm getting it way out of sync an hour later in the video. Not sure if it's the same problem, but looks a lot like it.