Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 External Mic Causing Out of Sync Audio

Got notice of an update and the description does not directly address this issue.  Is it fixed with this issue or is GoPro still working on the sync issue?

Highlighted
Tourist

Im wondering the same thing. @aragon1006 Do you have clarification on if this issue is fixed? Release notes:

HERO7 Black v1.61

PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS

• Dynamically adjusts HyperSmooth stabilization strength to reduce motion blur in low light videos.
  • Extends battery life when recording in high-frame rates including 2.7K120, 1080p120 and 1080p240 video.
  • Improves connectivity between your camera and the GoPro app.
  • Increases voice control accuracy.
  • Enhances live stream stability.

USABILITY IMPROVEMENTS

• Eliminates image stuttering in slow panning shots that use HyperSmooth stabilization.
  • Corrects stretching issue when playing back 4:3 aspect ratio videos on camera.
  • Improves portrait and landscape detection.
  • Removes red line artifacts that can appear in some videos.
  • General bug fixes and user interface improvements.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @jordanm0130

The performance and usability improvements do not specify a fix to the audio issue with external microphones. Rest assured that this issue has already been passed along to the teams in charge. Have you been able to update your camera to the latest firmware? Please see if you still observe the same issue. We'd love to hear back from you. 

Best regards, 

Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

I just updated my GoPro 7 with firmware version 1.61 and the audio is still out of sync if I start the video with an external mic with external power,

firmware 1.61 does not fix this issue.

Highlighted
Hiker

This is just ridiculous. How the hell can GP sell an over-priced adapter that doesn’t even work properly. Get your audio issues fixed. I am so sick and tired of this amateur crap from GP. Seriously…you want $400 for this POS camera.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @quickshore41684 @thorsteno1

Sorry for any troubles caused.

We are still working on the sync issue when using an external power source.

We'll post back on this thread once we have an update.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I had audio sync problems with the mic adapter already on my gopro hero 5 black. They were never fixed. Now upgraded to hero 7 black assuming the sync problem would have been fixed by now! Not cool trying to record live music with drastic audio offsync. Hope to see a fix really soon!
Highlighted
Tourist

I am having the same issue. - Unfortunately, I can not use your "fix" as I have the camera in a custom case that secures the adapter cable in place to prevent damage to the port. I'm wondering if there have been any updates of fixes to this issue? I'm using vs. 01.61