Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Hero 7 Excessive shake ruining videos

[ New ]

No, it came with 1.70 already on it and since it didn't fix my original camera I didn't try again. I do a full format of my SD cards (Samsung Evo Select 64/128 and SanDish Extreme 32 that came with the camera) every time I use the cameras and even use the SD Card formatter application from Tuxera.

I have tried leaving it in auto orientation. I will try other resolutions and mounting soon but we have rain coming for the next five days and since this seems to only happen while riding it's going to be awhile, actually I don't know that as all I use my cameras for is mountain biking but I will try just walking around and see.

Length of a video clip doesn't seem to matter just seems to be a random number, if I shoot 10 clips one of them will do the issue.

GoPro

[ New ]

I appreciate your time and patience throughout this process, @murchman. Please do let us know how it goes.

By the way, the ten (10) clips that you're referring to were shot continuously and are basically just chaptered clips? Or were they recorded separately?

Hiker

[ New ]

Thank you for helping on this issue it's the first time I feel like anyone at GoPro has even acknowledged the issue an wants to resolve it. 

So I have done it different ways. Normally I use quick capture to record the clips only hitting the record button when I want to capture. When I received the replacement I decided to do it old school and turn on the camera first then hit record each time I wanted to capture the trail. So it does it either way I record.

GoPro

[ New ]

@murchman, just to clarify, these clips were recorded one at a time (i.e. started/stopped the record button separately), not a single recording with ten chaptered clips. Is this correct?

Hiker

[ New ]

Yes, they are start and stop recordings not one big video clip.

Tourist

[ New ]

Is anyone getting anywhere with GoPro regarding this issue? This is an absolute showstopper... I use it for paid business and it is literally ruining my shots... To the point where I can no longer trust it.

Hiker

[ New ]

So I was finally able to ride now that the rain has passed. I took 21 videos today on the bike, 12 were in 4k and 10 were in 1080, I have attached a screenshot of each setting below. I also mounted the camera right side up instead of upside down. I did not have a single issue in either resolution in any of the 21 videos I shot. I did not make any other changes. @blueboost61878 are you mounting the camera upside down?

4k setting

1080 settings

gopro test run.JPG

Hiker

[ New ]

So I took 17 more videos today all in my 4k settings with no issues, I even used a different SD card today a Samsung EVO 128GB U3.

So it seems the shake is related to having the camera upside down, so it's for sure a software issue with my guess being the position of the accelerometer when upside down.