Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 Excessive shake ruining videos

[ New ]

Thanks murchman

to GoPro support, this is a software / firmware bug and can be replicated on many GoPro's as below. I actually already sent in a GoPro and it was replaced with a new one, that has the exact issue.

Again, it happens approximatel 1 in 10 clips.

Please investigate.. If I call GoPro they just go through the regular troubleshooting questions etc. 

Hiker

[ New ]

So I called support yesterday about the issue. The first thing she tried to tell me was that 4k/30/Superview was not supported with Hypersmooth and that is why I was having the issue, she even sent me this link https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/what-is-hypersmooth

I pointed out that it clearly shows it is supported, she still insisted that it wasn't and made me send her a picture of the camera showing it was enabled, so I sent her the picture below. She then told me to only use 1440p/30/wide and see how it works. I said no I need 4k/30/superview as advertise. I was then told they never have problems with Hypersmooth so I need to RMA it and she set up a return. No once did she admit that it was supported and she was wrong.

gopro settings.jpg

Tourist

[ New ]

Still getting this horrible issue..

Anyone else still having the same?

Hiker

[ New ]

I have it while being connected to the app. Maybe too much for the processor.

Hiker

[ New ]

Just received my warranty replacement camera, 4th video in tonight and it does the same thing Smiley Sad

Hiker

[ New ]

Here is video of the issue

https://youtu.be/POh4kdFKMI8

Received my warranty replacement and took it out to test for the stuttering, 3rd clip of 8 had the issue just as my other camera did. Shot in 4K, 30FPS, Hype...
Tourist

[ New ]

This is definitely not an isolated issue. I've had 3 Hero 7's - ALL of them have performed this exact same weay. 

GOPRO / Forum mods / admin - please can you forward this thread to your software team. As you can see the replaced GoPro in the YouTube clip above has the same issue...

GoPro

[ New ]

@murchman, sorry to hear about the trouble. I appreciate you getting back to us with an update. I'm checking further on the possible cause of this issue. Just to verify, did you manually reinstall the firmware update v1.7 on the replacement camera?

I also understand that you're using Sandisk Extreme 32GB and 64GB SD cards, am I correct? Try running a full format on your SD cards via computer. Then, see if reset camera settings will help make any difference.

Do you notice the issue happening when using other video resolution settings? Does it happen to all resolutions? Or do you only experience the video stuttering when recording at 16:9 4K 30FPS (HyperSmooth enabled), Superview, Protune ON, and Landscape Lock set to "Down" (camera is mounted upside down)?