Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Hero 7 Disappointment Finally Happened

@mariustanya wrote:

Hi, @drdimento. Sorry, we do not have email Support anymore. It would be best to either call Support or chat with one of the representatives through this link https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs .

Ok.  Thank you.  I am refining the list and also, just thought of something else and am trying that (so far successfully).  I'm big on experimentation, so with me, my last option is always the official "support" system.  Reason?  It's the former scientist in me.  I used to make obserations and make conclusions based on what I observed and therein make changes.  It was this inquisitive nature coupled with perserverance that led to my invention and thus perhaps leading me to a solution.  Although, I still will contact support if these last measures  I'm trying don't work.  Thanks again.

Oh, I will eventually report back the finality of it all. :-) 

Hiker

Well I finally got a mic adapter and the first time I tested it out, the gopro Hero7 black kept freezing while recording, displating solid leds, with black screen. Using USB power bank with it too, with the correct type of cord.

These cams are ridiculous! They are so prone to NOT recording or to stop recording or freezing, you can't count on them at all.

Check 12:00 in this vid to see the state it was in after locking up. Also was only using cam for about 35 minutes or so on a 70 degree (F) night on a motorcycle so no way it should overheat.  

At least when it works the adpater gave me good results.

https://youtu.be/GjPJutKC3n4?t=11m53s

It sounds better than anything I've tried yet! Unfortunately this setup causes my GoPro to constantly freeze and lock up. Check vid at 12:00 (after ride) for...
GoPro

Hi @bwx232

If you continue to get issues, please let our Support Team help you move forward with this concern.

They are available by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!
Ej

Hiker

@aragon1006 wrote:

Hi @bwx232

If you continue to get issues, please let our Support Team help you move forward with this concern.

They are available by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!
Ej

Thanks @aragon1006  -- Actually I have contacted support and we are in discussions about a replacement of the hardware with a unit that is new and factory tested by a technician to insure there aren't any issues with it.  I am waiting for the official notice after having sent in the purchase receipt.  Thanks for the recommendation.

Hiker

Re: Hero 7 Disappointment Finally Happened UPDATED

This will be my last post on this matter.  As recommended I did finally contact support and after several phone calls, inventory check on what equipment I use with the GPH7 that this post was about, GoPro Support agreed to replace free of charge my Hero 7 since I still had about 2 months left on my warranty.

Thank You GoPro for this solution to my defunct Hero 7.  The new unit arrived and I have tested it out thoroughly and while it is definitely operating as was my Hero 7 before it went south on me (after the firmware update I mentioned at the start of this post), the unit still has the sort of "uneasy" quirky operation which will preclude me from using the camera for professional use.  I was going to keep it and use if for personal applications since I have the remote and other support hardware, but I have decided that after tallying the path I've been through, I'm moving on.  I have found another solution to the action camera side of my market that works amazing and it's not only a major brand but it's less expensive and just today I ordered their "smart phone" gimbal which is not only the most portable unit I've seen but the most features for a gimbal and seemingly Apple designed friendly (I'm a big fan of Apple stuff).

In closing, I thank all for the enormous help in getting my camera problem solved and a really big shout out to GoPro for solving this directly, promptly, and completely.  THANK YOU GoPro SUPPORT !!!  And especially KATE @ GoPro SUPPORT !!!!!