Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 Black turns on by itself

[ New ]

Force shutting the App doesn´t work. The camera restarts even though the app is completely off. There is something that REALLY makes the camera want to reach out.

I also had the camera changed for a new one yesterday. No luck. Still turns itself on.

Is this a feature somehow? I can´t understand how I am to benefit from the camera draining it´s battery.

Also, having my expensive GoPro Remote connected whilst trailrunning or cycling is also impossible since that requires wireless to be "on".

/Stefan

GoPro

Re: Hero 7 Black turns on by itself

[ New ]

Hello @stefanleeiner. Thank you for the details and updates that you shared. It is odd that the camera continues to restart on its own despite troubleshooting steps done. If you haven't yet, please get in touch with our Support team so they can help further. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . You can also direct them to this thread for reference on the troubleshooting steps that you have already performed