Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 7 Black technical questions

Dear Gopro,

as a long term customer I would like to have answers for following questions:

1) Stabilisation - does it work with slowmotions and/or with 4K? What is the fov crop? Seems like the fov must be wider to achieve such stabilisation. Any changes to hardware?

2) No bluetooth microphone again, why?

3) So I hope... are there any improvements to microphones and generaly sound recording?

4) Live streaming - will be available 5GHz wifi in europe? I mean will be possible to change the channel from 161 to something else? If not livestreaming won't work generaly in a lot countries because it will either be very slow or it will have terrible compression.

That is all for now.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 Black technical questions

Hello @vajtek

Thank you for the interest Please see below for the answers to your  questions: 

1. The slow-motion effect is only for playback and works with stabilization. Hypersmooth stabilization works with 4K up to 60fps. Standard stabilization works up to 120 and 240 fps. Video stabilization crops wide field of view by 10%. 
  2. The Bluetooth compatibility is mainly for the GoPro app app and some GoPro devices like the Smart Remote. External microphones are not supported. 
  3. The HERO7 Black has enhanced audio quality performance featuring stereo audio and raw audio capture. 
  4. There is no dedicated frequency for live streaming. However the phone connects to the mobile device via app is how it goes. 

Feel free to post back for any other questions or concerns that you may have. You might also want to check this article for a closer look into the specifications. 

Best regards, 

Marius 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Tourist

Nobody?
Highlighted
Backpacker

its hard to give some dedicated information on a camera that's not released yet & we haven't got

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @vajtek

Thank you for the interest Please see below for the answers to your  questions: 

1. The slow-motion effect is only for playback and works with stabilization. Hypersmooth stabilization works with 4K up to 60fps. Standard stabilization works up to 120 and 240 fps. Video stabilization crops wide field of view by 10%. 
  2. The Bluetooth compatibility is mainly for the GoPro app app and some GoPro devices like the Smart Remote. External microphones are not supported. 
  3. The HERO7 Black has enhanced audio quality performance featuring stereo audio and raw audio capture. 
  4. There is no dedicated frequency for live streaming. However the phone connects to the mobile device via app is how it goes. 

Feel free to post back for any other questions or concerns that you may have. You might also want to check this article for a closer look into the specifications. 

Best regards, 

Marius 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you for you answer.

1. So the stabilization from Hero 6 is now standard, ok? And is now working everywhere?

2. I know, I have heard this many times. I am just asking why. 

3. Fair enough, hopefully it will be useful.

4. And generally... did the channel for 5 GHz changed or not? Will we be able to use 5 GHz wifi in europe?

I checked that article before but 

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Glad to hear back from you, @vajtek. Below are additional details. 

1. What do you  mean by stabilization working everywhere? Did you mean in all resolutions? If yes, you can check this article for details on when stabilization is standard, Hypersmooth, or not present. 

2. That is the same question that we have. We have yet to get an answer. 

3. Here are more details on the HERO7 Black audio improvements. 

4. No particular change, so far. We are still waiting for information about it. 

Did you have a question about the article above?

Thanks, 
Marius