Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Hero 7 Black stopped recording when trying to capture video on my motorcycle

I am using SD card (formatted) that came with Hero 7 Black, have the latest update, have tried 3 different batteries and I am still getting Hero 7 Black stop recording when I am using it on my motorcycle on rides. I tried keeping it on my desk and it'll record fine for as long as the battery will last. Voice control is off, GPS is off. Anyone has any idea to why I can't record while riding on my bike? It'll start recording then stopped, I can turn it off then turn it back on to try again and it'll record for a short clip and then stopped. I do not have it set to record short clips as mentioned earlier that I can let it sit on my desk and it'll record as long as the battery last.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero 7 Black stopped recording when trying to capture video on my motorcycle

Issue resolved, it was the SD card, finally got a chance to ride my motorcycle to work and captured video clips and worked with new SD card without any issues.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero 7 Black stopped recording when trying to capture video on my motorcycle

I think I figure it out.....I got error message pointing to SD card to reformat, tried reformatting and failed so I am trying another Sandisk, so far no issue. I am going to try it on my bike next week, probably tomorrow to see if the issue still exists.
Highlighted
Hiker

Issue resolved, it was the SD card, finally got a chance to ride my motorcycle to work and captured video clips and worked with new SD card without any issues.
Highlighted
Explorer

Thanks for the update. Stick around as we always get people saying that SD cards play no part in the performance of the camera and there is no point in trying a second card.