Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Hero 7 Black recording upside down

I agree, this definitely *IS* a GoPro problem. GoPro Quik doesn't even work right.

When you release a product that is incompatible with most of the software in the market, you made a mistake.

When you release a product that is incompatible with your own software, you really screwed up.

And the answer is simple - give us a fireware update with the upsidedown mode that was in the Hero 6 - *Problem solved*

Sightseer

Another person with serious issues from 'upgrading' from Hero 5 to Hero 7. I use the camera exclusively in upside down mode to record video and GPS coordinates for vehicle prototype testing.

Any sort of video post processing screws up the GPS data coordination, and our video analysis tools display the video upside down no matter how the Landscape Lock is configured. Windows 10 plays the videos the correct orientation.

The camera is entirely useless to me at this point.

Tourist

Does any one know if the Hero 8 Black suffers from the same issue?

Tourist

If you mean the issue of GoPro not giving a f#k then the answer is obviously yes.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I for one will likely never buy another GoPro product after this debacle, so I really don't care if they fix it in future versions.

Actually, that would be the worst. Fix it in a future product (aka, admit that they screwed up on the 7), but not bother to release a simple firmware update to fix the 7. Talk about a big F-you to your customers.

EDIT:  Actually, I see that there IS a new firmware out that I was not aware of (as of August).  But unless this issue is hidden under "general bug fixes", they didn't address it.