Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 Black recording upside down

Topic is a few days old, but my Video recorded with camera upside down is fine, put all the stills I take need flipped... I flip in lightroom, still upside down in RAW, have to flip there and save, than re-open in Photoshop (or anything else) to see up right???  Suggestions??

GoPro

Hi @elmoeod

Just to clarify, was the video originally recorded as upside down?

Or was it supposed to be up right?

Have you tried using other editing applications?

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ Edited ]

Hi @elmoeod,

There are no good suggestions. You are doing exactly what you have to do. You and everyone else on the planet has to manual flip every pic and video you take in upside down mode. I currently have to flip every clip and then use my editor to asseble the clips afterward. Actual I've just stopped taking upside video all together because it's such a PIA.

This is because IMHO, upside down mode doesn't work right. There is no good reason the gopro 7 shouldn't be able to flip it for you, but it doesn't. The 7 works different from the gopro 6 and earlier (which worked correctly).

Tourist

Thanks for Reply, Camera is mounted upside down, best way to mount in my SXS... My Videos are fine, just the stills are upside down.

Tourist

The Camera is mounted upside down, Video is fine, only stills are upside down... that is what is confusing.... ty for your hlep

GoPro

Hello @elmoeod. Does it matter which Landscape Lock the camera is set to? When the camera is mounted upside down, the resulting still photo will be upside down as well if the Landscape Lock is set to Up. Let us know what you fin out. Thanks!

Tourist

Landscape lock is set to off, i am always taking camera out of frame to take still and videos handheld. Setting landscape to up and down seems to work fine... but off should do it automatically. TY
Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for posting back @elmoeod

Let us know if you need further assistance.