Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hero 7 Black problem with order of frames in a video

Hi

I've been using Hero 7 Black for a several months now, and everything worked excellent, but yesterday I encountered really unusual issue. First 10-30 seconds of a video is fine, but then the order of frames goes crazy. For example, in normal video order of frames is 1,2,3,4,5,6..., but with this bug it suddenly goes like 4,3,5,2,6,1.... It's not completely random, you can still see the general movement in video (me riding forward on a bike) but it skips around, and makes video unusable. It's hard to explain in words, so I'll upload and attach link to video with this bug on youtube. https://youtu.be/8aeoNyFks-Y

And it's not happening all the time, i've filmed 31 clips yesterday, and only 3 of them have this issue.

I have a feeling it might be a problem with sd card, i've been using same SunDisk Extreme Pro UHS-I V30 64gb for 3-4 years now and it might be showing it's age now. But up until now it has worked perfectly. I've ordered a new card, and hopefully problem goes away, but if not, I'll have to return camera to the store.

It's clearly not a problem with video playback on my computer, i've tried using VLC, tried importing and viewing it in Premiere Pro, tried downloading it directly from my GoPro through GoPro app on the phone and nothing helps, same issue everywhere...

Settings on camera when problem happened:

H.265 HEVC codec

4K@30fps Superview

Hypersmooth on

Protune on

shutter auto

EV Comp -1.0

WB 5000K

Iso Min 100

Iso Max 1600

Sharpness Low

Color flat

Raw audio Low

Mics Stereo

Frimwere Version 01.90 

P.S Sorry for bad English, it's not my native language

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero 7 Black problem with order of frames in a video

This is a problem with the EIS buffer and a lot of 7's and some 8's have shown this issue.

Make sure that you have formatted your SD card in the camera before using it.

Make sure you have upgraded your firmware to the latest revision (GoPro did try to address this issue in their last firmware update).  Even if your GoPro is up to date, to a manual update anyway.

See if the issue crops up again, if it does, contact GoPro directly and ask for an RMA.