Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Hero 7 Black locks up, 3 red led's on and will not power up

[ New ]

My new hero 7 black locks up with the 3 red charge indicators permenantly on and will not power on, i have to remove the battery and then it usually powers up. I plugged it into a wall socket to charge another battery and it would not power up whilst plugged in, so i removed charger and the 3 red led's lit up again and it will not power on, so again i had to remove the battery.

Obviously this is a fault with my camera, i have not even made a video yet. Will have to wait to contact GoPro on Moday as i bought it direct from them.

GoPro

Re: Hero 7 Black locks up, 3 red led's on and will not power up

[ New ]

Hi @gazofcorra

Kindly remove the battery, plug the camera to a wall adapter then power the camera on.

If it's still the same, try using a different cable.

If it turns on, it's possible that the issue is on the unit itself / battery connectors.

You may reach out to our Support Team to further isolate the issue.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi Ej,

Followed your instructions removed battery and plugged in to wall using GoPro supplied cable and the camera turned on and off correctly, replaced battery and plugged in to power and camera turns on and off correctly, atm i have left it on charge as the battery was only charging to 84% so after a few hours i will unplug from power and see if led's stay lit and whether or not i can power the camera on/off as this was the fault i was having yesterday, will also see if battery is fully charged.

I have the latest firmware and i have reset the camera to factory settings, fingers crossed it will work after a full charge, i will update later.

Many thanks

Gaz

Hiker

[ New ]
Hi @aragon1006
Well the charge indicators turned off on there own and i removed power lead, camera turned on and off correctly, also the battery displayed 100% charged, so hopefully the teething problems are sorted and i can start getting some great footage.

Thanks

Gaz
Hiker

[ New ]

I've owned this little piece of shi... shipflag two days now and it has lock up at least twentyfive times. So nothing new here. Everything almost works if you close all wireless connections. Then the camera won't crash so often. How about Facebook streaming.... What a god **bleep** joke! If you get it to work, you can only stream through Wifi! If you wanna stream when you're on the move, then you'll need to have two mobile devices. One which operates the GoPro app and the second one to create a wifi-hotspot!

Hiker

[ New ]

Hey @mika7171

This is my first GoPro and i was hoping for great things from the Hero 7 black based on the hype and the pre-release video's and reviews from the so called GoPro family (who do not moan about the glitch's or even mention them, why would they, they got it for free) **bleep** i would not be that bothered if mine was given to me for free.

As i said in my earlier post i have only just managed to get it to charge fully and turn on, without me removing the battery each time, so i will be putting it through it's paces in the coming weeks and if it does not deliver what GoPro said it would, it is going straight back and i will buy a proper camera that does work.