Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 Black - live stream to Facebook PAGE

Sounds like a simple code GoPro could include in a software update.
Sightseer

I too just purchased the GoPro 7 for the express purpose of using to FB live stream videos for one of the business pages I manage.  I was disappointed tonight when I started messing with it to realize it could only stream to my personal FB account.  Please GoPro developers in your next update include the option to choose to stream to managed pages.

GoPro

Hi @robertb65260

We do not have specific information on this, but this has been shared to the team in charge.

Please continue to check out website for updates.

Software Update Release Information

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Ok, so I have been playing around and I think found the issue. When I connect to the GoPros WiFi the connection is istant and everything works great till you try to go live. Obviously the GoPros WiFi has no internet connection so once I connect to my phone's WiFi hotspot the GoPros WiFi is dropped and everything just hangs and times out. My phone allows for my internet to be shared via hot spot and over Bluetooth connection. I have tried to connect live with Bluetooth internet sharing on and off with zero difference. I also have master reset the GoPro and reinstalled the app a few times. It seems the initial set up of the livestream works though it take a while to connect and the delay is pretty substantial vs the Facebook live on there own app. I also noted that renaming the GoPro might be an issue as when I look for the GoPros WiFi it is always the GoPro original name not the changed name. I tried not renaming the GoPro after a reset but the reset name is different than the orinal name that hasn't changed. Perhaps this is way trying to live times out? The network names are mismatched? Getting this livestream to work and run correctly would be a game changer! Currently it is a royal pain in the.... Easier connection, saving hotspot/network connection settings and greatly reduced delay are needed.
GoPro

Hi @kouc52

If you choose a Wi-Fi connection for live streaming, the connection to your camera will switch to Bluetooth.

If you continue to get issues when live streaming, ensure that you have the camera and the app on the latest version.

Uninstalling/reinstalling the Facebook app also helps.

Regarding the connection name, once the Wi-Fi name is changed, your phone(through Settings) should also detect/pick up the same Wi-Fi name.

You may be referring to the Bluetooth ID as it will stay the same.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

EJ,

Thank for the Intel. I ment to hop back on and post about how I got the system up and running. 

If I connect the camera normally to the phone via bluetooth connection only and make all the correct settings -

720, 60fps

scroll over and set up the live settings throught he cell phone app (I use Android).

Now and only now turn on the phones Hot Spot WiFi,

*****Note - if you trun on your hotspot prior to seeting up everything via bluetooth you will lose your connection to the phone, you will get repeated error messages because the WIFI connection times out (just hangs, searching).*****

Select your phones hotspot WIFI and make sure you have at least 3 bars 4g LTE or the connection stutters or loses connect all togeather.

*****Note if you lose your connection due to low WIFI bandwidth/connection you will have to turn off your Hotspot WIFI, exit out of live on your app and start all over again by connecting to your gopro via bluetooth***** (FYI GoPro huge pain in the ass)

Other issues, Facebook live on the Facebook app has zero lag or delay in HD,  the GoPro live has about a 30sec delay. I think 0 to 5 sec is an accepable so the delay is a too much.

Live settings done save last used setting or allow for perrered connection settings to be saved. This would be a great feature your coding staff should be able to code up quickly for a future update. 

WIFI over bluetooth would be a great idea to look at if the connection speeds are fast enough.

Personally as a motovlogger I would like to be able to set up my GoPro, Connect to my phone, click a button and be live. I think a great majority of GoPro users would perfer this. 

The abity to connect an external microphone with a water resistant/Proof connection wether it be by 3.5mm jack or Type C connection with out the need of an adapter is something GoPro should invest time engineering into future models. 

Final note, Battery. HUGE battery drain when live 30 to 45 min tops. This includes the cell phone as even with my cell phone plugged into a charger it will lose charge at a very accelerated rate with the hotspot on and brodcasting live! Luckily, I have 5 GoPro batteries and a 3 port charger at home. Battery life is much overdue improvement... call up Elon Musk I am sure he can help with a better Tesla style battery. ;-)

After all this, still love my GoPro! It is awesome! 

Jay

GoPro

Hi @kouc52

Thank you for sharing these feedback and suggestions.

We will have this forwarded to the team in charge,

You may check this link for information on the latest updates: Software Update Release Information

Thanks!

Ej