Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 Black - live stream to Facebook PAGE

So if I understand : on my facebook page i have 2 lines :
First RTMP url
And one Line with the key

I have to write them together on my GoPro App when I choose Facebook live configuration with RTMP ?

Am i wright ?

Thanks for helping me 👍🏻
I’ll try this and post here i it works.

Cheers !
Hiker

@biggdavs,

Yes, you need the rtmp url and the key
Tourist

UPDATE: I did finally figure out that you can, in fact, use the device with the GoPro app as the wifi hotspot. I don't know if I was doing something wrong before, but I was just able to make it happen now. When on the 'set up live' page, there's a drop down menu for the wifi network. One option on that menu is 'turn on personal hotspot' (notice, this will appear even if your hotpsot is already turned on). Tapping this option will take your phone to its settings page (on an iPhone, at least), at which point you have to go BACK to the GoPro app, open the network drop down menu again, and wait a few seconds for the hotspot to appear in the list. Again, this step is necessary even if your hotspot was already on you made no changes on the iPhone settings page after being taken there by the GoPro app.
Tourist

Hello everyone

problem solved, by doing several tests

I managed to make a live facebook on my personal account with the choice FACEBOOK

I managed to do a live youtube with RTMP that I was able to share on my facebook page (instead facebook just place a thumbnail for live youtube)

Finally I made a live facebook on my page thanks to the RTMP (url server page and page key) against cons it requires a computer to connect to my facebook page to validate the broadcast.
to get back the server and facebook page go into publishing tool then studio creator then direct live choose your page and facebook will give you your codes that you will place in your app gopro in direct mode with the choice rtmp, attention copy server url and cle key next to no space

it is validated so we can make a live on his facebook page, but the manipulation is very technical, can be an update to simplify would be welcome

Hiker

[ Edited ]

@lasko wrote:

Hello everyone

problem solved, by doing several tests

I managed to make a live facebook on my personal account with the choice FACEBOOK

I managed to do a live youtube with RTMP that I was able to share on my facebook page (instead facebook just place a thumbnail for live youtube)

Finally I made a live facebook on my page thanks to the RTMP (url server page and page key) against cons it requires a computer to connect to my facebook page to validate the broadcast.
to get back the server and facebook page go into publishing tool then studio creator then direct live choose your page and facebook will give you your codes that you will place in your app gopro in direct mode with the choice rtmp, attention copy server url and cle key next to no space

it is validated so we can make a live on his facebook page, but the manipulation is very technical, can be an update to simplify would be welcome

It is also important to note that while it may be possible as you mentioned (I have not tested and will not), requiring a hotspot is a show stopper for us.  I have (as do our customers that have communicated with us) unlimited data, but not unlimited hotspot data.  Requiring hotspot data means we will not use it.  The Mevo device uses our regular data and therefore do not need to worry about overages when we are in the field.  Untils this and other issues are addressed, the Mevo Plus is the device we use and recommend to our customers for livestreaming their games.

UPDATE: This is intended to be a reply to the previous post about streaming to the same device connected to the GoPro.

Tourist

You don’t need a hotspot, you can use the hotspot on your phone. I have a hotspot for ours but I have tested with my iPhone and that works as well.
Hiker

@bolddive3043 wrote:
You don’t need a hotspot, you can use the hotspot on your phone. I have a hotspot for ours but I have tested with my iPhone and that works as well.

Agreed.  I'm not saying an external hotspot.  I'm saying that my carrier limits my hotspot data on my phone.  It does not limit my standard data.  Mevo uses my standard data and GoPro requires hotspot.

Tourist

Ah, I see.  To me this is an advantage.  I have a mobile hotspot, which by the way is an amazing setup on my LynkSpyder with the extra mount i purchased.  It's literally perfect at this point other than not being able to publish direct to our teams page.  Anyway I like that i can walk to the backstop and kick everything off and keep my phone in my pocket and even power it off if i want or use it for gamechanger or whatever.  Once the feed is live streaming, it doesn't need the phone anymore, just the hotspot connection.  Maybe GoPro could add the option to use the App to stream the data like Mevo does, but I would hate if they forced it to be that way!