Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 Black - live stream to Facebook PAGE

There is a place to put the address but not the key, I'll look into it.  Maybe this is operator error.

Hiker

@toughwater4618 wrote:

There is a place to put the address but not the key, I'll look into it.  Maybe this is operator error.

The key gets embedded in the address.  So:

rtmp://address/key

Tourist

Same as everyone else here.  Although I have not purchased yet and will not be able to use for my purpose until it can go to a Facebook page.  I live stream for a travel sports team and do not take a laptop to be able to mess with RTMP

GoPro

Hi @bolddive3043,

We'll submit that to our team and check if that feature will be added on the next update. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Sightseer

Hey guys... just tested with my new camera and was able to stream to a Facebook page through the RTMP.

All you need to do is use the format of rtmp://address/key... 

Hiker

@nicemesa7157 wrote:

Hey guys... just tested with my new camera and was able to stream to a Facebook page through the RTMP.

All you need to do is use the format of rtmp://address/key... 

It's not that it doesn't work.  It is that when you are in the field, it is dificult to manage with just your phone.  In fact, you have to have 3 devices: a hotspot for wifi, a phone to manage the app, and a laptop to start the RTMP stream.  This should all be possible with just the single phone with the app.  That is how Mevo does it, which is who GoPro is chasing at this point.

Sightseer

I can agree with you there... Definitely a process but many are still having trouble trying to get it to work as it's not as intuitive as it should be.
Tourist

>That is how Mevo does it, which is who GoPro is chasing at this point.

I actually got this in the hopes of replacing my Mevo and being able to trim one device I have to carry around.